The UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India - which manages the Aadhaar biometric ID programme - provides a range of services online. One such online facility enables an Aadhaar-registered person to order a print or reprint of a copy of Aadhaar card. This is a paid facility. After the user places the order online, the UIDAI sends the Aadhaar card to the registered address of the user by speed post. The UIDAI provides each Aadhaar reprint at Rs 50, it said on Twitter.
You can now order a reprinted copy of your Aadhaar to be delivered to your house via Speed Post service. Visit https://t.co/27Oy8XumyS or open your #mAadhaar app to #OrderAadhaarReprint at a nominal cost of Rs 50. pic.twitter.com/wdwYuqca0vAadhaar (@UIDAI) July 3, 2020
Those already enrolled under the Aadhaar programme can apply for a print or reprint using MAadhaar. A user can book an order online using the UIDAI's website, uidai.gov.in, or mobile app mAadhaar.
Watch our detailed video tutorial on the #OrderAadhaarReprint service here: https://t.co/5bJkiVbV79 You can also read more about the service in our FAQs section: https://t.co/Tg6vvDIFSxpic.twitter.com/y7jFs5S2FYAadhaar (@UIDAI) July 1, 2020
How To Apply For An Aadhaar Print
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can apply for an Aadhaar print or reprint online using the UIDAI portal:
- Go to the UIDAI website, and select the "Order Aadhaar Reprint" option under the Get Aadhaar section.
- Choose any one of these to proceed: the Aadhaar number (UID), the virtual ID (VID) or enrolment ID (EID) to proceed.
- Make the online payment. Four options are available to do this: credit card, debit card, net banking and Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
- Save the acknowledgement receipt.
- The UIDAI dispatches the Aadhaar card to the given address.
(Mobile app mAadhaar also has the "Order Aadhaar Reprint" option)
A similar process can be followed on the mAadhaar app to use the service. mAadhaar is available for Android and iPhone platforms.
You can #OrderAadhaarReprint if your mobile number is not registered in Aadhaar. However, using this service does not mean that the new mobile number you give will get registered in your Aadhaar. pic.twitter.com/MOMbnRnLK6Aadhaar (@UIDAI) July 2, 2020