- As of 2:37 pm, the Sensex traded 1.16 per cent or 139 points higher at 38,194 and the Nifty 50 index was 1.17 per cent or 132 points at 11,475.65.
- Seventeen of 19 sector gauges compiled by BSE were trading higher led by the S&P BSE Bankex Index's nearly 2 per cent gain. Information technology, power, utilities and finance indexes also rose between 2 and 1.5 per cent each.
- On the NSE, the Nifty Bank Index surged to an all-time high level of 29,517.50.
- On the flipside, S&P BSE Telecom and S&P BSE Metal indexes were trading lower with the telecom gauge as the top loser, down nearly 2 per cent.
- The mid- and small-cap shares were underperforming their larger peers as the S&P BSE MidCap Index rose 0.76 per cent and the S&P BSE SmallCap Index was up 0.1 per cent.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.