IRCTC SBI RuPay Card: In a bid to provide a boost to the central government's Digital India and Atmanirbhar Bharat initiatives, the IRCTC SBI RuPay card was launched in July this year, by the State Bank of India (SBI), the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The contactless credit card was launched to make online ticket booking faster and beneficial for railway passengers. The IRCTC SBI RuPay card is equipped with near field communication technology and provides customer-centric benefits such as discounts on train tickets, vouchers, reward points, and more. Here's all you need to know about the IRCTC SBI RuPay contactless card and its significant advantages.
IRCTC SBI RuPay Card - Features, Benefits:
- Passengers using the card will receive up to 10 per cent value back on AC1, AC2, AC3, AC CC train ticket bookings made through the official IRCTC e-ticketing website
- There is no joining fee for the IRCTC SBI RuPay card till March 31, 2021
- Passengers can avail up to 10 per cent back as reward points on train ticket bookings made through the official IRCTC e-ticketing website (one reward point equals one rupee)
- One per cent transaction charges waiver is made on train ticket booking through the IRCTC website
- Users can eventually redeem reward points on the IRCTC website to get free tickets
- The IRCTC SBI RuPay card also offers complimentary access to premium railway lounge.
- It offers fuel surcharge waiver of one per cent across all petrol pumps