10 things to know about Indian Railways' 'Palace on Wheels':
1. The 'Palace on Wheels' comprises 14 fully air-conditioned deluxe saloons, equipped with world class amenities.
2. The 14 coaches are named after former Rajput states matching the aesthetics and interiors of the royal past. Each saloon has a mini pantry and a lounge to ensure availability of hot and cold beverages, refreshments and a place to relax and get together.
3. The 14 fully air-conditioned deluxe saloons have a combination of four twin-bedded chambers with channel music, intercom, attached toilets and wall-to-wall carpeting and other amenities.
4. The 'Palace on Wheels' has two restaurants - 'The Maharaja' and 'The Maharani' - with a Rajasthani ambience serving continental, Chinese, Indian and Rajasthani cuisines.
5. The restaurants offer seating arranged in groups of twos and fours near the windows. Chefs in the attached pantry prepare continental and Indian specialties, with an emphasis on the cuisine of Rajasthan.
7. An attendant or 'Khidmatgar' is always at service to take care of all travel needs.
8. Each guest is provided with an arrival kit consisting of stationery items, brochures, cards etc.
9. There are wall to wall carpeting, two dining cars and a very personalized service available in saloons.
10. Each coach also offers a good collection of books to choose from.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.