Indian Railways rolled out the new AC three-tier economy class coach with the very first one attached to train number 02403 Prayagraj- Jaipur Express, which started services last week on September 6. The railway authorities have kept the fare structure for these coaches eight per cent lesser than the 3AC coaches.
The new 3AC economy class coach has 83 berths, compared to 72 berths in the 3AC coaches, and have been developed with an aim to provide improved passenger-friendly amenities, according to the Railway Ministry.
Recently, two new 3 AC economy class coaches were attached in train number 02429 Lucknow-New Delhi AC special Express from Lucknow, said the railway ministry in a tweet.
More Value for Money:— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) September 10, 2021
Today two 3 AC Economy Class coaches will be attached in 02429 Lucknow-New Delhi AC special Express from Lucknow.
Its fare is 8% less than 3 AC. Excellent response received.#BehtarSuvidhaSastaSafarpic.twitter.com/ByzGXTMXql
In the initial phase, 50 new economy class coaches will be manufactured by the Rail Coach Factory, Kaputhala, and will be ready to offer services in the Mail/Express trains across different zones of the national transporter's network.
Indian Railways New AC Three-Tier Economy Class Coach: Top Features-
- The AC ducting is redesigned by providing individual vents for all berths. The modular design of seats and berths have been made to improve the comfort and reduce the weight of the coach.
- New passenger-friendly amenities have been provided such as foldable snack tables in both longitudinal and transverse bays, injury-free spaces and holders for water bottles, mobile phones.
- The coaches have provisions of wider toilet door and entrance door for the specially-abled.
- Individual reading lights and USB charging points are also provided for each berth.
- A new ergonomically improved design of ladder for accessing the middle and upper berths has been built in the coaches. There is an increased headroom in the middle and upper berths.
- The interiors of the coaches are equipped with luminescent aisle markers, illuminated berth indicators integral with night lights, and luminescent berth numbers.
- Coaches are equipped with CCTV cameras and improved fire safety mechanism.