- Determined by Consumer Price Index (CPI), the rate of increase in retail prices was at 2.33 per cent in November.
- Monday's data marked the fifth consecutive month in which inflation came in within the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) medium-term goal of 4 per cent, and supported its decision to hold interest rates in its last policy statement.
- The central bank had in December lowered its consumer inflation projection to 2.7-3.2 per cent for the second half of the current fiscal year, maintaining status quo on key lending rates.
- The RBI primarily tracks consumer inflation to formulate its monetary policy.
- Separate data earlier on Monday showed wholesale inflation, determined by Wholesale Price Index (WPI), eased to an eight-month low of 3.80 per cent last month.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.