Indian and Chinese companies signed deals worth $22 billion in Shanghai on Saturday, soon after Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a strong pitch for the two countries to work together in an address to the India-China Business Forum.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup in a tweet shared an official document containing details of the agreements signed between Indian and Chinese companies, spanning industries including renewable energy, power infrastructure and steel.
Here's a list of the pacts signed
- Axis Energy Ventures India signed a tripartite MoU in the renewable energy sector with Chinese companies Mingyang Wind Power and Global Wind Power.
- Essel Solar signed a pact with China's JA Solar to set up a solar cell and module manufacturing facility.
- Wipro BPS's pact with Dalian Municipal People's Government and Yida China Holding was for an offshore delivery centre in Dalian.
- Bharti Airtel signed agreements with China Development Bank for financing for the purchase of equipment from ZTE and Huawei, and that under licence approved by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- The Indian telecom operator also signed a credit facility deal with Industrial & Commercial Bank of China.
- Adani Group signed an agreement to establish an integrated PV industrial park in Mundra SEZ with China's Golden Concord Holdings.
- Adani Power signed with China Development Bank a pact on financing of APL Mundra Power Plant Phase I, II and III.
- Adani Ports and SEZ signed a pact with Guangzhou Port Authority for establishment of a sister port relationship between Mundra Port and Guangzhou Port.
- Jindal Steel and Power signed an agreement with the Industrial & Commercial Bank of China for development of potential projects.
- Sun Group signed an MoU with Canadian Solar Power China to generage 5,000 MW of solar power in the next five years as well as manufacturing of solar modules.
- GMR Group signed with Guizhou International Investment Corporation an MoU on an industrial park in Kakinanda SEZ for high-end Chine equipment manufacturers.
- Infosys Technologies (China) signed an agreement with People's Government of Qiannan Autonomous Prefecture to jointly build 'China-India Information Service Corridor' in Qiannan Autonomous Prefecture.
- IL&FS or Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services signed an MoU with Industrial & Commercial Bank of China.
- IL&FS also signed a deal with China Huaneng Group.
- Welspun Group signed a deal with China National Technical Import and Export Corporation (CNTIC) for an integrated steel project in Gujarat.
- Welspun Energy signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with China's Trina Solar to jointly set up a photovoltaic industry park for production of 500 MW of photovoltaic cell and 500 MW of photovoltaic solar module in India.
- Autolite India signed a deal with Jinway Import & Export for manufacturing of high-tech capital goods in India.
- Bhushan Power and Steel signed a deal with CNTIC for a hot-rolled steel coil project.
- Eros Group signed an MoU with Shanghai Film Corporation for mutual development and exploration in opportunities in Indian and Chinese film markets.
- Eros Group also signed a pact with China Film Group for co-production of film Xuan Zang.
- NIIT China signed an MoU with Gui'an New Administrative Committee, Guizhou province for cooperation in the IT sector.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) signed a pact with People's Government of Guizhou for promoting Indian companies participating in IT projects.
- The industry chamber also signed a pact with Zhisland & Xifu for connecting Indian and Chinese private sector companies.
- Aarvee Associates Architects Engineers & Consultants signed a partnership agreement with China Railway SIYUAN Survey & Design Group.