- At the national capital, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity shot up by Rs 350 each to Rs 32,350 and Rs 32,200 per 10 grams, respectively, PTI reported.
- Gold had lost Rs 100 per 10 grams on Monday.
- Tracking the movement in gold, silver ready bounced back by Rs 400 to Rs 40,300 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs 290 to Rs 39,240 per kg. Silver coins too spurted by Rs 1,000 to Rs 75,000 for buying and Rs 76,000 for selling of 100 pieces.
- The rupee's depreciation against the dollar also supported the upmove in the precious metal prices.
- Globally, gold rallied to a two-and-a-half month high last week as heightened tensions over Syria and US sanctions on Russia sparked a drop in equities and ratcheted up interest in nominally defensive assets.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.