The last date for linking the Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar is today i.e. March 31. A person would have to pay a late fee of Rs 1,000 in case the two identification cards are not linked by today.And if the PAN card is not linked with Aadhaar card, it is likely to be become inactive.
Aadhaar, also known as Unique Identity number, is a 12-digit number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). PAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number allotted by the Income Tax (I-T) department.
PAN Card can be easily linked to the Aadhaar number online as the Income Tax department allows users to link the two unique identification numbers through its website. It is now mandatory to link the Aadhaar number with PAN to complete income-tax-related tasks such as filing returns on income.
Here's how you can link your PAN with Aadhaar card online:
- Log on to the income tax return e-filing website - www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Click on the 'link Aadhaar' option
- Enter the correct Permanent Account Number, Aadhaar Number, and the full name (as given on Aadhaar card) in the designated fields.
- Enter other details in the designated field such as date of birth
- Enter the captcha code
- Select the relevant option and click on the 'link Aadhaar' button at the bottom of the webpage