- E-passports with embedded chips are set to be rolled out next year to make overseas travel more convenient for people.
- The government plans to rollout 5G services within the next financial year. It also aims to take optical fibre networks to remote corners of the country to enhance access to e-services.
- To further boost digital economy, digital rupee, using blockchain and other technologies, will be issued by the Reserve Bank of India from this financial year.
- There are plans to establish a Digital University to provide students access to world-class quality education with personalised learning experience at their doorsteps.
- To take digital banking to every corner of country and to mark 75 years of Independence, the Budget proposes setting up of 75 Digital Banking Units in 75 districts.