- I felt middle-class people were being hurt by the government, so I decided to put some pressure on the government... my pressure did work.
Rahul Gandhi, Congress vice president
- It was an anti-people measure. They should not think that by withdrawing the EPF scheme they have made the good Budget. It is good that they have withdrawn it but it seems that they have done it intentionally.
Pawan Verma, JD(U) leader
- I welcome the step taken by the finance minister on EPF. I would like to thank him for withdrawing it.
Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena leader
- The relaxation that the workers should have got, they got that. I will appeal that the 1 per cent excise tax should also be taken care of.
Murli Manohar Joshi, Senior BJP leader
- Our party welcomes the roll back. I am happy that under the leadership of PM Modi, we want to run the government with an open mind.
Chirag Paswan, LJP leader
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.