10 Things To Do
In And Around
Sikkim Image Credit: Getty
Sikkim is nestled amidst the ranges of Eastern Himalayas. You can easily spot the Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world.
1. Marvel At Kanchenjunga Video credit: Getty
Sikkim houses many monasteries.
The popular ones include Rumtek, Tsuklakhang, Pemayangtse and Buddha Park of Ravangla.
2. Visit Tibetan Monasteries Image credit: Getty
During spring, witness the national flower Rhododendron in full bloom. Shingba Sanctuary close by houses over 40 species of the flower.
3. Enjoy spring time at Yumthang Valley of Flowers Image credit: Getty
Considered holy, it is located 190 km away from Gangtok, close to China border. Another popular place to visit is Tsomgo or Changu Lake.
4. Gurudongmar Lake Image credit: Getty
Sikkim is a paradise for trekkers. Take your pick from popular routes like Goecha La, Kanchenjunga Base Camp, Singalia, Dzongri.
5. Trek to Goecha La Image credit: Getty
Sign up for outdoor activities like river rafting in Teesta river, bungee jumping at Singshore bridge or cycling through Zuluk silk route.
6. Teesta River Rafting Image credit: Getty
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the park makes for a memorable visit for its gorgeous views. You may even spot snow leopards here.
7. Khangchendzonga National Park Image credit: Getty
The local cuisine of Sikkim has Tibetan and Nepalese influences. Momo, thukpa (noodle soup), sha phaley (stuffed bread) are favourites.
8. Feast On Momos Image credit: Getty
Chhurpi is a local cheese made of yak milk that is enjoyed as a toffee. Though it's an acquired taste, it makes for a good treat to take back.
9. Try Yak Cheese Image credit: Getty
Click on the Link Below to See More Travel Stories Image credit: Getty Click Here