Amid the ongoing marathon national election, NDTV's Prannoy Roy spoke to Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
Here are the highlights from Prannoy Roy's interview with Sushil Kumar Modi:
- Unemployment is not an issue in Bihar. If every village now has electricity, that means jobs have been created.
- Standing up for Vande Mataram is not an issue. Many times, even we don't stand up for Vande Mataram. (But) if Vande Mataram plays at the concluding session of parliament, whether it's Muslim league, the MIM, or the Janata Dal, each and everybody stands.
- Not just liquor, I am also of the opinion that smoking should be banned too.
- 2019 has a much bigger wave than 2014.
- In the 2015 assembly elections we noticed that BJP didn't perform as well, so we felt we needed other partners.
- The biggest applause we get is when we mention the (Balakot) airstrikes.
- There is no anger among people. It is only in the media.
- This is the first election where price rise is not an issue.
- In terms of jobs, we have given thousands of engineers jobs, in Bihar. Public Service Commission, there are so many jobs in the subordinate commission, but jobs is a never-ending issue.
- Whether you want diesel, any subsidy, you don't have to go down to the block office.
- Tejashwi Yadav has only been to one meeting among 5 called by Rahul Gandhi.
- They are raising only 5 issues in Bihar: 'We will put an end to reservation', 'The constitution is in danger', 'Lalu Prasad has been trapped', 'We will free Lalu Prasad' and 'They let Vijay Mallya scoot'.
- Polls should be held before March-April or after September.