Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that after five years of service, we went to the people of India with a promise of a "New India". He said, "Today we see that crores and crores of people have showed that they have filled this poor man's jhola with their blessing to do so."
He recorded a spectacular victory in Varanasi and won by a margin of 4,75,754 votes.
The Congress Party was ahead only in seat (Raebareli) in Uttar Pradesh. Rahul Gandhi lost his seat Amethi to BJP leader Smriti Irani.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said alert voters have rejected the "opportunistic and casteist" politics of mahagathbandhan forged by the opposition parties.
Here are the UP Lok Sabha Election Results 2019 Live Updates:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today thanked the people of Varanasi as he retained the seat by a margin of over 4.79 lakh votes.
- He said that the people of Kashi are "remarkable".
- He said "When I had gone to Kashi to file my nomination papers, they confidently said that they would manage the entire campaign without me having to come back even once. I bow to the citizens of Kashi. Looking forward to serving them.
- He won the seat by a margin of 4,79,505 votes, defeating his nearest rival Shalini Yadav of Samajwadi Party
- Yogi Adityanath said alert voters have rejected the "opportunistic and casteist" politics of mahagathbandhan forged by the opposition parties.
- He praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah for BJP's "historic victory".
- He said, "This is a victory of his (Modi's) leadership, the strategic and organisational planning of BJP chief Amit Shah and the result of hardwork of crores of BJP workers. I also congratulate party chief Amit Shah and crores of BJP workers."
She tweeted, "Kaun kehta hai aasmaa me surakh nahinho sakta (who says one can't achieve the impossible)."
- Congress General Secretary and in-charge of party's campaign in eastern Uttar Pradesh, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said that she respected people's verdict.
- She congratulated the BJP and Prime Minister Narendra Modi for a decisive victory.
- In his press conference, Rahul Gandhi said, "I had said in the campaign that the people are maalik (decision makers) and they have decided very clearly who they want at the Centre. So, the BJP has won quite clearly and I congratulate him (Narendra Modi).
- He said, "The people of India have decided that Narendra Modi will be their prime minister again, and as an Indian, I accept that."
- I would like to thank all Congress workers for their hard work and effort.
- I want to tell them and all those people in India, who believe in the Congress ideology that don't be scared, have faith and we will work together and sought this out in the time to come.
- On Amethi, I would like to congratulate Smriti Iraniji for winning the seat and someone who has held that seat, my request to her will be that she should work well for the people of Amethi and take care of them.
- Love never loses, and I am certain that we will emerge stronger and work better. Love will guide us.
Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav's wife Dimple Yadav, who is the lawmaker from Kannauj is trailing in Kannauj by 25000 votes.
The stupendous victory of @BJP4India is a result of visionary leadership of PM Shri @narendramodi, excellent organisational capabilities of President Shri @AmitShah and hard work of millions of party workers.- Chowkidar Yogi Adityanath (@myogiadityanath) May 23, 2019
My heartiest congratulations to everyone on this historic win
Hema Malini, BJP candidate, is leading from Mathura now.
The BJP is leading in 56 seats in Uttar Pradesh. The BSP, SP, RLD alliance is leading in 25 seats.
The BJP is leading in Uttar Pradesh by a massive margin. The party is leading in 57 seats in Uttar Pradesh. The alliance is leading in 22 seats.
The alliance is leading in 23 seats, whereas the BJP is leading in 55 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
Actor-turned-politician Hema Malini is trailing from Uttar Pradesh's Mathura
#ResultsWithNDTV | Union Minister Suresh Prabhu says, it's a "clear vote for performance, vision, leadership, huge outreach, charishma and hard work" of PM Modi #ElectionResults2019pic.twitter.com/EZrXoPgcy0- NDTV (@ndtv) May 23, 2019
Rajnath Singh, BJP candidate in Lucknow, is in lead.
The BJP is leading in 53 seats in Uttar Pradesh. The Congress is leading in 2 seats. The alliance is leading in 25 seats.
The BJP is leading in 53 seats in Uttar Pradesh. The alliance leads in 25 seats.
Samajwadi Party's controversial leader Azam Khan is leading in his stronghold Rampur. BJP candidate Jaya Prada is trailing for her former parliamentary constituency.
Varun Gandhi leads from Pilibhit, mother Maneka Gandhi is trailing in Sultanpur.
BJP ally Anupriya Patel is leading in Uttar Pradesh's Mirzapur. BJP's Sakshi Maharaj is also leading in Unnao.
The alliance of BSP, SP and RLD is leading in 22 seats as the BJP is performing well in Uttar Pradesh. The BJP leads in 56 seats. In an interesting development, Congress President Rahul Gandhi has been trailing in Amethi for some time now. His opponent Smriti Irani is leading from the Congress stronghold.
Samajwadi Party leaders Akhilesh Yadav is leading in Azamgarh, his wife Dimple Yadav in Kannauj while their party is leading in only 8 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
BJP candidate VK Singh is leading in Ghaziabad. Union Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar is also leading in Bareilly.
The BJP is leading in 60 seats in Uttar Pradesh. The BSP-SP alliance leading in 15 seats.
BJP's Satya Pal Singh is leading in Baghpat. The BJP is leading in 56 seats.
In Uttar Pradesh, the BJP is leading is 51 seats.
In Uttar Pradesh, the SP-BSP-RLD alliance is leading in 20 seats, the BJP in 45.
The Congress is leading in 5 seats in Uttar Pradesh. The SP-BSP-RLD alliance leads in 14 seats.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi is trailing in Amethi as the BJP takes a massive early lead. The BJP is leading in 42 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party is leading in 2 seats.
Akhilesh Yadav's Samajwadi Party is leading in 6 seats.
The SP-BSP-RLD alliance is leading in eight seats in Uttar Pradesh. The Congress is leading in 5 seats. The BJP is leading in 32 seats.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi is now leading in Amethi.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi is trailing from Uttar Pradesh's Amethi. Smriti Irani is leading, according to reports.
The BSP and SP alliance is now leading in 5 seats. The BJP is leading in 29 seats, the Congress in 1 seats.
The BJP is now leading in 29 seats in Uttar Pradesh. The Samajwadi Party leads in 2 seats, the Congress also leads in 2 constituencies.
The BJP is leading in 25 seats, the SP-BSP alliance and the Congress in 2 seats each.
The BSP-SP alliance is ahead in 3 seats. The BJP is leading in 19 seats whereas the Congress leads in 2 seats.
The BJP has taken a massive early lead in Uttar Pradesh. The party is leading in 11 seats, Congress in one seat.
In UP, the BJP is leading in 7 seats, the Congress in 1 seat.
In Uttar Pradesh, the BJP has taken early lead. It is currently leading in 2 seats.