Haryana and Maharashtra Assembly Election: Both BJP and Congress are campaigning in the two states.
Former Congress president Rahul Gandhi addressed rallies in Maharshtra's Yavatmal and Wardha. Mr Gandhi attacked PM Narendra Modi over a range of issues in his address. In Yavatmal, Mr Gandhi accused the Bharatiya Janata Party of pursuing wrong economic policies like demonetisation and Goods and Services Tax, resulting in joblessness. He said poor people were the worst affected by the government's decision of demonetisation and implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed mega rally in Charkhi Dadri and is headed to Kurukshetra in Haryana for the second rally today. PM Modi addressed the first of his four grand rallies in Ballabhgarh on Monday. His last rally in the state will be in the Jat-dominated Hissar on October 18, a day before the last day of election campaigning.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will hold two public meetings ahead of Assembly polls in Maharashtra on Tuesday. Mr Gandhi is scheduled to conduct rallies at Wani Vidha Sabha of Yavatmal district and Arvi Vidhan Sabha of Wardha district at 1 pm and 3:40 pm respectively.
Both BJP and Congress are campaigning in poll-bound Haryana and Maharashtra. The two states vote on October 21 and counting of votes will take place on October 24.
Here are the LIVE Updates of the Assembly Election Campaigns in Haryana and Maharashtra:
Modi ji lies wherever he goes, this way, he deviates your attention away from the core issues, Modi Ji never speaks on the issues related to farmers and unemployment: Rahul Gandhi
Modi Ji isn't affected by youth's unemployment. He has been given work by Ambani-Adani. The moment you deviate, Modi Ji gives your money to these 10-15 industrialists: Rahul Gandhi
Modi broke the backbone of the people who worked, he gave all your money to the people who take bribes. This situatuion is not going to improve till the time Modi is at the helm: Rahul Gandhi
You see Modi ji's face everyday on TV and in newspapers. Does that cost nothing? No, it costs money and your money is being used for it: Rahul Gandhi
Through MNREGA, we had put ₹ 35,000 crore into the pockets of the poor, waived off farm loans of ₹ 70,000 crore. When the poor have money in their pockets, they start spending which increases demand and boosts the economy: Rahul Gandhi in Wardha
Rahul Gandhi In Maharashtra
Rahul Gandhi At Yavatmal Maharashtra
- During elections, PM Modi promised to transfer money into bank accounts, which have not been transferred.
- PM does not refer to the main topics like farmer's loan waive, unemployment. He speaks about moon, Article 370 -- issues which are far away from reality. His work is to divert your attention from the real issues, so that you do not ask any questions of them
- The youth will not be get employment, under his government
- Corporate tax has been pulled out, especially Ambanis and Adanis
- Farmers are committing suicide, youth are unemployed, but PM Modi is unaffected by this
- Narendra Modi is the ''loudspeaker'' of rich businessmen, country will stand up against him due to economic slowdown
- The government change laws for poor, but they do not change laws for businesses that are not helping the poor
PM Modi in Dadri in Haryana
- We should dedicate this Diwali to our daughters who have brought glory to our family, society and country
- Villages in Haryana came forward, to save the daughter - the Beti Padhao movement would not have been so widespread successful
- Unprecedented steps are being taken by the government for economic empowerment and self-employment of daughters. An important announcement has been made in this budget. Sisters associated with Self Help Group will be able to borrow Rs. 5000 from their Jan Dhan account for their needs, apart from their savings
- Our villages are giving impetus to the social changes in the country. Our villages, while maintaining their culture and traditions, are helping transform the society through new paths
- Our party is promoting sports and physical education. We endeavor that our young comrades engage more and more with sports and contribute to the society moving forward. This is the reason why many colleagues like Beti Babita are joining the BJP and working with full dedication among you
- President Xi said I have seen Dangal, I appreciate their efforts and the girls and their performances. I as the the PM feel proud about it
- We also promised pensions for farmers... the farmers in Haryana are getting a pension of Rs 3000. During national elections, we promised aid to farmers and believe me ... the water that belongs to farmers of Haryana, to the farmers of this country has been shared with Pakistan since 70 years
- We want the farmers and their cattle to stay healthy and this will ensure prosperity in Haryana
- In 2013, when I was Gujarat Chief minister, I promised OROP at an event. As soon as I was elected to power, I delivered on my promise. So far, 19 lakh farmers have been benefited with this scheme
- BJP is committed to farmers and soldiers. The entire country stands with the people of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- But some Congress leaders are so busy in spreading rumours. I challenge them to change the changes brought by my government
- Haryana was one of the hub of corruption. And during Lok Sabha Elections I said those who have been robbing the country will be put behind bars and I am working towards it
- I appeal to women in the state to exercise their right to vote and support BJP
- In Haryana, the tradition of 'Mera Wala Candidate' has ended and the 'Merit Wala Candidate' has started
- The Prime Minister said that his government is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that every village has clean drinking water under the ''Jal Jeevan Mission''
Ex-Congress Leader joins BJP
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar who is seeking re-election from Karnal, has toured aggressively across the state with 1.8 crore voters and during his campaigning has been harping on state's overall development, nationalism. "This is our Sankalp Patra (manifesto) for the next five years. It is time for our examination now. People will give the result. After five years, we will again appear in exams on the performance of this Sankalp Patra only," he said.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar to address rallies in three cities
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar will be addressing rallies in Sonipat, Kurukshetra and Gurugram. "I will give a report card of the development work done for every section of the society in the last 5 years. All of you are cordially invited," he tweeted.
Manohar Lal Khattar attacks Congress manifesto
Like the BJP, the Congress has also named its manifesto as a resolution letter, but they do not realise that a government is not formed bu changing names of the manifesto, instead by working towards development, Mr Khattar said.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi Will Address Rallies In Maharashtra's Yavatmal and Wardha Districts
We are committed to bringing the poor, villages, farmers, tribals and other backward classes into the mainstream: JP Nadda
After a long time, Maharashtra has seen a CM serve his full term, under the leadership of Devendra Fadnavis
Five years back, Maharashtra was a state that was tainted and full of corruption, there was unstability. The seat of the CM was like musical chairs and it was misgoverned: JP Nadda
Devendra Fadnavis has changed basic fundamentals of politics in Maharashtra: JP Nadda
BJP working President JP Nadda and Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis release party's manifesto for the upcoming Maharashtra assembly elections
BJP has a strong team: PM Modi
Launching a broadside against the Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday while addressing a rally in Ballabhgarh said while the opposition parties in Haryana are crumbling, the BJP has a strong team and "a strong captain" in Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
In its manifesto titled ''Mhare sapno ka Haryana'' (my dreams of Haryana), the BJP has made promises ranging from launching Haryana start-up mission, constitution of a new ''Yuva Vikas and Rozgar'' ministry and one All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), doubling of farmers'' income by 2022 and increase in pension.