Medical Intern Killed In Fire At Hostel Room In UP's Bareilly

Prima facie the fire started from a heater kept in the room of PG hostel of SRMS Medical College on Thursday night, police said.

Medical Intern Killed In Fire At Hostel Room In UP's Bareilly

The MBBS intern was killed while her room-mate suffered serious burns, police said. (Representational)

Bareilly (UP):

An MBBS intern was killed, while her room-mate suffered serious burns after a fire broke out in their hostel room at a private medical college in Uttar Pradesh's Bareilly, police said on Friday.

Prima facie the fire started from a heater kept in the room of PG hostel of SRMS Medical College on Thursday night, police said.

DIG Rajesh Pandey said the incident occurred around 3 am.

The security guard informed medical college authorities about smoke emanating from a room following which police and fire brigade rushed to the spot, Mr Pandey said.

Sukriti Singh, a resident of Patna, was killed while her room-mate Ritika suffered serious burns in the incident.

The body has been sent for post-mortem.

Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com