PM Modi birthday: He celebrates his 69th birthday in Gujarat
On a visit to his home state, PM Modi, who turned 69 today, offered prayers to goddess Narmada at the Sardar Sarovar dam. Accompanied by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, PM Modi offered prayers as part of the state government's Namami Devi Narmade Mahotsav celebrations being held to mark the dam receiving water to its full capacity. PM Modi also visited the Butterfly Garden in Kevadiya and named the saffron coloured plain tiger butterfly as the state butterfly. He began the day with a visit to the 'Statue of Unity' and the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the river Narmada. For the first time since the height of the dam was raised in 2017, the water level reached its highest peak at 138.68 metres on Sunday evening.
He and Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani "puja" at the dam site to "welcome" the water of river Narmada, the lifeline of Gujarat. These projects include river rafting, a jungle safari park, a butterfly park and Ekta Nursery.
On PM Modi's birthday, his supporters and well-wishers flooded the social media with their best wishes, leading to 7 different Twitter hashtags making it to the top 10 India trends on the micro-blogging site. While #happybirthdaynarendramodi topped the chart in the India trends, #HappyBirthdayPM and #ShriNarendraModi was trending on 2nd and 5th positions, respectively.
Here are the highlights of PM Narendra Modi's Gujarat visit on his birthday
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa participated in a three-day celebration on Tuesday, which had been organised to mark the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Chief Minister Yediyurappa was accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister Ashwath Narayan in the programme. Speaking to ANI, Ashwath Narayan said: "It is a day to celebrate Prime Minister Narendra Modi''s birthday. He is an inspiration for society." "This week is being celebrated as ''Sewa Saptah''. It is an opportunity for all of us to the work in the interest for the people and for the betterment of the society," he said.
Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, and state health minister Himanta Biswa Sharma on Tuesday extended their wishes to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his 69th birthday. Taking to Twitter, the governor prayed for PM Modi's long and healthy life. "On the occasion of your auspicious birthday, I wish you the best of luck I pray to almighty that he may keep you healthy, bright and give u a long life so that you can take the country to new heights," he tweeted. Mr Sonowal referred to Modi as the "architect of New India" whose leadership has shattered enemies.
Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama on Tuesday wished Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his 69th birthday, congratulating him for the "growing confidence you have brought about". The Dalai Lama said Indian traditions of ''ahimsa'' and ''karuna'' are necessary in today's world. In a letter to PM Modi, he said, "As a long-time guest of India, and as someone who cares deeply about this country, I congratulate you on the growing confidence you have brought about. India's success not only benefits the people of India but also greatly contributes to the development of the world as a whole"."As I have communicated to you earlier, I''m very encouraged by the growing interest young people across India are showing in ancient Indian knowledge, which shines like a sun in the East. I am convinced that the age-old Indian traditions of non-violent conduct - ''ahimsa'', backed by a compassionate motivation- ''karuna'', are not only relevant but are also necessary in today's world," the Tibetan leader said.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Tuesday launched a cleanliness campaign from the Deen Dayal Upadhaya Hospital to mark the 69th birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Jai Ram Thakur also distributed sweets among the indoor patients at the hospital. Addressing a gathering at the event, the chief minister said the nation was blessed to have a strong leader in Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is under his leadership that India has emerged as a strong and vibrant nation, Thakur said. The birth week of Narendra Modi is being celebrated as ''Seva Saptaah'' or service week across the country by the BJP, he added.
North Delhi Mayor Avtar Singh on Tuesday handed over letters to 18 sanitation workers to regularise their employment, coinciding with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday, officials said. Out of the 18 ''safai karamcharis'', 16 are from Rohini Zone and two from Keshavapuram Zone, they said. The mayor handed over the letters to them at his office to mark the 69th birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the NDMC said in a statement. Mr Singh said once he had an opportunity to meet Modi, who had told him that the objective should be "to work for the poor and needy people". "Since taking charge in the NDMC, we are constantly fulfilling every promise made to the corporation employees and ''safai karamcharis''," the mayor claimed. He said regularisation of these 18 sanitation workers is an example of that philosophy.
PM Modi shares old photos on Twitter on birthday
"Reliving precious moments and special memories. I have been receiving many old photos from various friends. I am sharing few such photos with a request- if you have such memories, kindly share them with me," PM Modi has tweeted.
PM Modi thanks Rahul Gandhi for birthday wishes
Prime Minister Narendra Modi replied to Congress leader Rahul Gandhi's birthday greetings on Twitter.
PM Modi thanks people for birthday wishes
Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to Twitter today to thank people for their birthday wishes. The PM thanked leaders including Home Minister Amit Shah, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yediyurappa, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, among others.
Shashi Tharoor's wishes for PM Modi on behalf of "multi-lingual India"
Congress leader took to Twitter today to greet PM Modi on his birthday.
"#HappyBirthdayPMModi from multi-lingual India! A reminder of all the diversity & pluralism we hope you will embrace today & during the year ahead..." he wrote, sharing a cartoon.
PM Modi at his mother's residence in Gandhinagar
- On his 69th birthday, Prime Minister Modi met his 95-year-old mother Heeraben in Gandhinagar.
- He sought his mother's blessings, spent time with her and had lunch with her.
Rahul Gandhi greets PM Modi
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his birthday, wishing him good health and happiness.
Bollywood celebs wish PM Modi
- Vivek Oberoi who starred in PM Modi's biopic "PM Narendra Modi" wished him in the sweetest way possible. The actor posted a video that shows a montage of Modi's photos as Vivek showers praise on him through a self-composed poem.
- Filmmaker Karan Johar wished the PM a "productive and peaceful year."
- "May God bless you and our nation with good health and happiness. Happy birthday @narendramodi ji!" Ayushmann Khurrana tweeted.
- Actor and BJP lawmaker, Sunny Deol stated that PM's dedication, commitment, and vision of building a New India will always keep inspiring people.
- "Calling him ''the man who walks the talk with India," Ajay Devgn wished PM Modi.
- "Wishing you the best of health & happiness on your birthday @narendramodi ji. May our nation soar to greater heights year after year under your leadership and may you continue being the guiding light for India Jai hind!" tweeted Sanjay Dutt.
- Anupam Kher also wished the PM on his birthday with a sweet message alongside photos of him with Modi.
- Producer Bhushan Kumar, filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar, Paresh Rawal, Randeep Hooda, and Sunil Grover also extended warm wishes to Prime Minister Modi.
Salute lakhs of people who made Sardar Sarovar project a success: PM
- In our culture it is believed that development can be done while protecting the environment, and it is evident here. Nature is dear to us, it is our jewel.
- PM Modi says he thanks and salutes lakhs of people who worked to make Sardar Sarovar project a success.
- PM Modi lauded the vision of Sardar Patel, adding the BJP-led government's decision last month on Jammu and Kashmir was an
- inspiration from the former home minister of India.
- The Union government's decision on Kashmir is inspired by Sardar Patel and is an attempt to find solution to a decades-old problem.
- The PM said the Hyderabad Liberation Day is a result of Sardar Patel's vision. Observed on September 17 each year, it marks the day in 1948 when the erstwhile Hyderabad State was annexed to the Indian Union.
- PM Modi said he was happy to see the rising number of visitors to the Statue of Unity. While the 133-year-old State of Liberty gets around 10,000 visitors per day, about 8,500 people visit the 11-month-old Statue of Unity daily, he said.
- The Sardar Sarovar project is catering to needs of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan and has benefitted people in these four states.
PM Modi addresses rally at Narmada district
- PM Modi with Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani at Sardar Sarovar Dam in Narmada district
PM Modi visits Nutrition Park in Narmada district PM Modi offers prayers at Garudeshwar Dutt Temple in Narmada district Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar greets PM Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was greeted by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and BJP leaders
- The chief minister wished good health and a long life to the prime minister on his birthday, an official release said.
- Union minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai tweeted, "Your personality is a source of inspiration for all of us."
Sports fraternity wishes PM Modi
- "Happy Birthday to our respected and honourable Prime Minister, @narendramodi ji.. Thank you for all your efforts towards making our country greater than ever, sir," cricketer Shikhar Dhawan wrote on Twitter.
- "Wishing a very happy birthday to our honourable Prime Minister @narendramodi ji. I pray for your long and healthy life," sprinter Hima Das'' post on the micro-blogging website read.
- "Happy birthday to our honourable Prime Minister @narendramodi ji," all-rounder Kedar Jadhav tweeted.
- "Happy Birthday to our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. God bless you @narendramodi #HappyBdayPMModi," boxer Vijender Singh tweeted.
- "Happy birthday sir @narendramodi May you continue to inspire us all..wish you long and healthy life.. #happybirthdaynarendramodi #HappyBirthdayPM," cricketer Harbhajan Sigh posted.
Amit Shah calls PM Modi a symbol of "strong will, decisive leadership"
- "Warm birthday wishes to the Prime Minister Mr. @narendramodi ji, the country''s most popular leader, a symbol of strong will, decisive leadership and tireless hard work. A new India emerging under your leadership has made a mark in the world as a strong, secure and trustworthy nation," Mr Shah tweeted.
- Mr Shah went on to say that along with development, Prime Minister Modi has given an unprecedented contribution in further enriching Indian culture. He said that as a reformist, the Prime Minister not only gave a new direction to politics but also made everyone proud by finding a permanent solution to the problems that have been going on for decades along with economic reforms.
- "To make the life of every Indian easy, your hard work and determination is an inspiration for us. It is a privilege to be a partner with you in national building as a public representative, a worker and a countryman. I pray to God for your healthy and long life," Amit Shah said in another post.
Buddhist spiritual leader the Gyalwang Drukpa greets PM Modi
- Buddhist spiritual leader the Gyalwang Drukpa, who is heading the 17th century Hemis monastery of Drukpa lineage in Ladakh, the largest in the Himalayas, greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- "It is with great enthusiasm #NaropaFestival Organising Committee wishes Prime Minister Narendra Modi a very Happy Birthday!" Gyalwang Drukpa tweeted.
- "We express our heartfelt gratitude to the Government of India for uniting Ladakh with the country and invite all to join us in our celebrations at Hemis!"
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar greets PM Modi
- "Source of immense energy, the most popular, hard working, respected Prime Minister Narendra Modi," he tweeted.
- "I wish you a long life and good health."
India skipper Virat Kohli extends wishes to PM Modi
Dalai Lama wishes PM Modi
- Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama wished a long and healthy life to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He said: "As a long time guest of India, and as someone who cares deeply about this country, I congratulate you on the growing confidence you have brought about. India's success not only benefits the people of India but also greatly contributes to the development of the world as a whole."
Sonia Gandhi extends greetings to PM Modi
PM praying at Maa Narmada PM Modi offers prayer to Maa Narmada PM Modi at Sardar Sarovar Dam
- The Prime Minister at the Control Room of the Sardar Sarovar Dam.
Cultural programme held at Kevadia
- PM Modi at the Ekta Nursery, situated in the vicinity of the Statue of Unity.
- The nursery manufactures various traditional eco-friendly products and offers a live demonstration of their manufacturing process to the visitors.
PM Modi at butterfly garden
Sachin Tendulkar tweets birthday greetings to PM Modi
Narendra Modi Birthday: PM reviews infrastructure at Kevadia eco-tourism site
PM Modi Birthday: PM Visits cactus garden at Kevadia
- PM Modi visited a cactus garden in Kevadia in Narmada district. From the cactus garden, Sardar Sarovar Dam can be seen in the background
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister greets PM Modi
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy extended a warm message and wished for his long and healthy life ahead in the service of the nation.
- "Warmest birthday greetings to our hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji. Wishing him a long, healthy and successful life ahead in the service of the Nation," Mr Reddy tweeted.
PM Modi reviews tourism infrastructre at Kevadia in Gujarat
Mamata Banerjee greets PM Modi on his birthday
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wished Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his 69th birthday.
- Meanwhile, Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar also extended his greetings to PM Modi, saying the nation is scaling new heights under PM Modi's leadership.
- "Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision, thought, untiring effort and spinal leadership has helped India scale new heights and the nation is bound to attain its past glory. I join millions in wishing him on his birthday and pray for his good health and long life," Mr Dhankhar said in his message.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal greets PM Modi
- BJP leader Vasundhara Raje tweeted birthday wishes for PM Modi.
PM Modi visits Khalvani eco-tourism site in Narmada
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visits Khalvani eco-tourism site in Kevadiya, Narmada district
PM tweets a video of 'Statue of Unity'
- After reaching Kevadia in Gujarat, PM Modi tweeted a video of majestic 'Statue of Unity'
PM Modi flies from Gandhinagar to Kevadia in Narmada district. He will review programmes and projects at the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the river Narmada.
Birthday wishes pour in for PM Modi
- Union Ministers and senior BJP leaders took to social media to extend their warm wishes to PM Modi on his 69th birthday.
- Wishes for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday started pouring since midnight itself as party leaders praised his leadership and called him an inspiration for all.
- Taking to Twitter, Union Minister for Railway Piyush Goyal praised PM Modi as a statesman, decisive leader and an inspiration for all."Today, I join 130 crore fellow citizens in wishing PM Narendra Modi ji on his birthday. He is a statesman, decisive leader, and an inspiration for all of us. We are committed to achieving his vision of building a "New India". I pray for his long and healthy life. Happy Birthday PM Modi."
- Former Union Minister Suresh Prabhu outlined different aspects of PM Modi's leadership and tweeted, "Motivational journey from small town to world capitals, grass-root party worker to tallest national leader, party organiser to best administrator, booth worker to most popular world leader, man with Mission to better lives of all @PMOIndia @narendramodi best birthday wishes, long life".
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said that Prime Minister Modi have inspired millions with his sheer hard work, perseverance, determination, dedication and commitment.
- "May mother India grant you great strengths to lead us for great future. Happy Bday PM Modi," he said.
- "We are delighted to mark this special day with you. You have been an inspiration to us and future generations. Our democracy is now better because of your skill as a leader. Congrats and have a wonderful birthday celebration! Happy Birthday Narendra Modi ji," Union minister of state for animal husbandry Pratap Sarangi wrote on Twitter.
- Senior BJP leader and former Madhya Pradesh Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also extended his birthday wishes, "The respect for the country is reaching to new heights under your (Prime Minister Modi) leadership. May the honour and respect for our country keeps increasing by many folds and your dream to make India a world guru (global leader) is fulfilled."
BJP MLA Harsh Sanghavi celebrates PM's birthday in divyang children
- BJP MLA Harsh Sanghavi celebrated PM Modi's birthday by cutting cakes with divyang children and cleanliness workers.
- He said, "As it is Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday and he always emphasizes on serving people. We decided to celebrate his birthday in a grand manner."
- "A firework, music and dance performances were held here. In Surat, people have created an environment of Diwali. Cake cutting was done with special children and cleanliness worker. Several messages were sent to Prime Minister Modi and we wished him on social media site with hashtag digital India", Mr Sanghvi added.
Nepal Prime Minister greets PM Modi
- Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wished Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his 69th birthday in three different languages - English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- "Heartiest greetings to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on your auspicious birthday. I wish for your good health, happiness and well being. We will continue to work together for further consolidating multifaceted Nepal-India relations," Oli tweeted in English.
Preparations underway at Kevadiya Dam in Narmada, ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit today.
The entire Sardar Sarovar Dam at Kevadia in Narmada district of Gujarat was illuminated with bright coloured lighting on late Monday night.
Rajnath Singh Wishes PM Modi Wishes For PM Modi On Twitter On PM Modi's birthday, a man in Varanasi donated a gold crown weighing 1.25 kg at a temple
PM Modi waves to people gathered outside Ahmedabad airport to greet him
PM Modi arrives in Ahmedabad