Mukesh Ambani Birthday Date: He was born in Yemen on April 19, 1957.
New Delhi: Mukesh Ambani, Reliance Industries (RIL) Chairman and India's richest man, turns 62 today. Recently, the TIME's magazine featured the business tycoon in the list of "TIME 100 Most Influential People 2019". The list included US President Donald Trump, Pope Francis, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and Indian-American comedian Hasan Minhaj. Mukesh Ambani's company of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is a Fortune Global 500 company and India's most valuable company by its market value. According to Forbes, Mukesh Ambani's current net worth is $55.3 Billion.
On Mukesh Ambani birthday, 10 facts to know about him:
- Mukesh Ambani was born in Yemen on April 19, 1957 and came to Mumbai with his parents Dhirubhai Ambani and Kokilaben Ambani an year later.
- He has three siblings - brother Anil Ambani and sisters Nina Bhadrashyam Kothari and Dipti Dattaraj Salgaocar.
- Mukesh Ambani studied Chemical Engineering in Mumbai and is an MBA dropout of Standford University in California.
- His father Dhirubhai Ambani, a yarn trader, founded Reliance in 1966 as a small textile manufacturer. After his father's death in 2002, he and his younger brother Anil Ambani were locked in a feud for over a decade over the business.
- The two brothers split the family businesses with Anil Ambani taking power and telecom and Mukesh Ambani keeping the oil and petrochemical businesses.
- Over the years, their economic gap widened, with Anil Ambani falling into debt and Mukesh Ambani becoming the richest man in Asia. Mukesh Ambani last month bailed out Anil Ambani, rescuing him from possible jail time for Rs 458.77-crore in dues to Ericsson.
- In 2016, Reliance Industries Limited entered the telecom market with the launch of 4G phone service Jio, which has signed on 280 million customers by offering free domestic voice calls, cheap data services and virtually free smartphones.
- Mukesh Ambani is married to Nita Ambani and the couple has two sons; Anant and Akash, and a daughter, Isha.
- He and his family live at the Antilia Building in Mumbai, one of the world's most expensive private residences with its value reaching $1 billion.
- Mukesh Ambani is a strict vegetarian, a teetotaler and loves Bollywood movies.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections. Election results will be out on May 23.