Former prime minister Manmohan Singh today launched a stinging attack on the Narendra Modi government, saying the "institution of democracy is under threat".
Here are the highlights:
- This doesn't surprise us. This is a compliment the BJP government could pay to the constructive tasks of the UPA government
- Our political opponents appear to have left us behind (in attracting youth to the party). We must catch up in this areas. We have no time to lose.
- The past is continuously being re-written to promote a highly biased and communal view of history.
- I want to assure you that we have been fighting corruption, we will continue to fight corruption and there will be no compromise.
- Totally untrue that there was a policy paralysis during the UPA government.
- In the last one year, the BJP government had to manufacture and modify some statistical data to show that this one year hasn't been bad for the economy.
- The BJP's own people are of the view with this economic recovery is very fragile, and if you look at the harsh realities, you will see all is not well with the health of the economy under the BJP dispensation.
- The youth of the country are the vanguard of the Congress in making the future happen.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.