Elephant Dies After Getting Electrocuted In Uttarakhand's Lansdowne

The elephant died apparently due to electrocution after coming in contact with overhead live wire, Mr Patro added.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Elephant Dies After Getting Electrocuted In Uttarakhand's Lansdowne

An elephant died of electrocution in Uttarakhand's Lansdowne forest area (Representational)


Rishikesh: 

An elephant was found dead in Uttarakhand's Lansdowne forest division on Tuesday, an official said.

The guards sighted the adult male elephant's body in the morning in Jhandichaur area, which borders Bijnore district of neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, Conservator of Forest (Shivalik Circle) Prasanna Kumar Patro said.

The elephant died apparently due to electrocution after coming in contact with overhead live wire, Mr Patro added.
 



Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................