Election results for Maharashtra and Haryana for the next five years will be out today as the counting of assembly election votes begins at 8 am. The BJP, which is ruling both states is seeking a second term. An aggregate of 11 exit polls indicated the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance might win 211 seats in Maharashtra. In Haryana, the BJP is likely to win 66 of 90 seats, indicated the aggregate of seven exit polls. Votes are also being counted for by-polls held in 51 assembly seats and two Lok Sabha constituencies spread across 17 states and one union territory. Track You can track election results live updates of Maharashtra election here, and Haryana election here.
Here are 10 facts on Elections in Haryana and Maharashtra:
- There are 288 seats in Maharashtra. Of these, 29 are reserved for Schedule Caste and 25 for Schedule Tribes.
- The state voted on 96,661 polling stations where a total of 3,237 candidates are contesting, including 235 women.
- The number of voters in Maharashtra are 8.9 crore. Of these, the number of male voters are 4.69 crore (4,69,90,246), the number of female voters are 4.28 crore (4,28,46,720), and the number of voters from the third-gender are 2,634.
- The key parties in Maharashtra are the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Shiv Sena, Congress and Nationalist Congress party (NCP).
- The BJP and Shiv Sena have not left any seat for its smaller alliance partners. The BJP is contesting on 164 seats, while the Shiv Sena is contesting in 126 seats. The Congress is contesting on 147 seats, while the Sharad Pawar-led party is contesting on 121 seats. Prakash Ambedkar's Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi is contesting on 235 seats.
- Haryana assembly elections took place on October 21, Monday and the results date is October 24.
- The number of eligible voters in Haryana are 1.82 crore. Of these 85 lakh are women voters and 97 lakh are male voters.
- The state has 90 assembly constituencies. Of these 17 are reserved for Schedule Caste.
- Haryana has a geographical area of 44,212 square kilometre and polled on 19,578 polling stations
- The voter turnout in Haryana was 68.47 per cent, down from 76.54 per cent in the previous election.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.