- 10 Hafte 10 Baje 10 Minute is anti-dengue campaign by Arvind Kejriwal
- You need to devote 10 minutes at 10 am every Sunday, for 10 weeks
- You should ensure that there is no stagnant water in your surroundings
Former cricketer Virender Sehwag extended his support to Delhi government's "10 Hafte 10 Baje 10 Minute" campaign through a video. The campaign is against dengue and other mosquito-borne diseases. It was launched by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on September 1. As part of the campaign, people are expected to devote 10 minutes at 10 am every Sunday, for 10 weeks to ensure that is there is no stagnant water in their homes - which often ends up being the breeding ground for mosquitos.
In a tweet, Mr Kejriwal thanked Mr Sehwag saying that youth will join the campaign with more enthusiasm.
डेंगू के खिलाफ अपनी आवाज़ बुलंद करने के लिए वीरेंद्र सहवाग जी को धन्यवाद— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) October 10, 2019
मुझे विश्वास है के दिल्ली के युवा आपका संदेश सुनकर #10Hafte10Baje10Minute अभियान में और उत्साह के साथ जुड़ेंगे। https://t.co/AdUPGAkshR
In the video, Virender Sehwag says that just how teamwork is required to become a champion, there's a need for numerous champions working together to fight dengue. He urges people to join the campaign in large numbers.
Dengue fever: causes and home remedies
Dengue fever is an acute infectious viral disease that is transmitted to people through the bite of an infected Aedes aegypti mosquito. Dengue can cause sudden high fever, severe headaches, joint pain, muscle pain, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, skin rash and mild bleeding. Symptoms of dengue are often confused flu or viral infection. If you have these symptoms, you should get yourself diagnosed for dengue with a blood test.
Following are some effective home remedies that can help with dengue treatment and quicker recovery from dengue
1. Try papaya leaf juice, it has been found to be effective for dengue fever treatment. It can help in increasing platelet count in dengue patients and also boosts immunity.
2. Vegetable juices are rich in nutrients and can help in facilitating quicker recovery from dengue.
3. Coconut water is a commonly recommended home remedy for dengue fever. It is great for keeping you hydrated. Try having 2-3 or even more glasses of coconut water every day for speedy recovery from dengue.
4. Teas like ginger tea, cardamom tea and cinnamon tea can fasten your recovery from dengue.
5. Neem leaves are medicinal in nature and can be beneficial for dengue fever patients. Neem leaves can control the speed and growth of the virus. They are an effective remedy for dengue.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.