- Protects the heart cells and blood vessels
- Helps in improving the circulation of blood
- Regulates blood pressure and lowers bad cholesterol
1. Protects the heart cells and blood vessels: According to a study published in The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, dark chocolate is rich in bioactive flavonols and theobromine that have a positive effect on the cells of the heart and the blood vessels.
2. Boosts blood circulation: A study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association suggests that dark chocolate is rich in active compounds known as polyphenols that help in improving the circulation of blood.
3. Regulates blood pressure: Studies have also shown that eating dark chocolate may help in controlling high blood pressure.
5. Lowers cholesterol: Another study published in the Journal Hypertension indicates that eating about 100 grams of dark chocolate every day may help in lowering the bad cholesterol and also increase the levels of good cholesterol.
While dark chocolate may have many health benefits, you must always remember that anything consumed in excess can have negative repercussions. So, enjoy dark chocolate in moderation to reap its heart-healthy benefits.