National Mathematics Day 2020: Interesting Quotes On Maths
National Mathematics Day 2020: Various renowned mathematicians around the world have given quotes to highlight the importance of mathematics in the world.
National Mathematics Day is celebrated every year on December 22 on the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan and to honour his contributions in the field of mathematics. The main objective of this day is to raise awareness regarding the importance of mathematics in the development of the economy and welfare of society. The National Maths Day which was started by former Prime Minister and economist Manmohan Singh on December 22, 2012, has gained significance among present-time mathematicians, students, teachers and maths enthusiasts.
Various renowned mathematicians around the world have given quotes to highlight the importance of mathematics in the world. To mark the National Mathematics Day 2020, here are some interesting quotes on Maths subject.
- The latest authors, like the most ancient, strove to subordinate the phenomenon of nature to the laws of mathematics - Isaac Newton
- Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas — Albert Einstein
- Without mathematics, there’s nothing you can do. Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers — Shakuntala Devi, Indian writer and mental calculator
- Some mathematician, I believe, has said that true pleasure lies not in the discovery of truth, but in the search for it- Tolstoy
- An equation means nothing to me unless it expresses a thought of God- Srinivasa Ramanujan
- Mathematics is the queen of science, and arithmetic the queen of mathematics- Carl Friedrich Gauss
- There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres, thus also linking the visual and the aural- Pythagoras
Funny quotes on mathematics
- That awkward moment when you finish a math problem and your answer isn’t even one of the choices— Ritu Ghatourey, Indian writer
- Math is fun. It teaches you life and death information like when you’re cold, you should go to a corner since it’s 90 degrees there— Anonymous
- Pure mathematics is the world’s best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It’s free. It can be played anywhere — Archimedes did it in a bathtub — Richard J Trudeau, mathematician