Fire Breaks Out At Women's Hostel In Janakpuri, 50 Evacuated

Six of the girls were taken to a nearby hospital due to problems caused by smoke inhalation, Chief Fire Officer Atul Garg said.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Fire Breaks Out At Women's Hostel In Janakpuri, 50 Evacuated

The fire broke out at the basement entry of the hostel, the fire officer said.(Representational)


New Delhi: 

Fifty girls were safely evacuated after a fire broke out in a girls hostel near the Janakpuri metro station in west Delhi on today morning, the Delhi Fire Service (DFS) said.

Six of the girls were taken to a nearby hospital due to problems caused by smoke inhalation, Chief Fire Officer Atul Garg said.

Two of them were discharged after first aid, he said. 

The fire department said they received a call about the blaze at 3 AM after which four fire tenders were rushed to the spot. 

The fire broke out in an electric panel at the basement entry of the hostel, the fire officer said. 

The fire was brought under control by 3.30 AM, the fire officer added.



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................