- Zoom Air adding daily Delhi-Durgapur, Kolkata-Durgapur flights
- People from Delhi, Kolkata, Durgapur to have same day return connectivity
- Daily flights from Jorhat to Kolkata from March 25, Zoom Air adds
Here are some of the other details shared by Zoom Air:
1) Zoom Air's daily flights to Durgapur from Kolkata and Delhi will give "advantage for people from Delhi, Kolkata and Durgapur to have a same day return connectivity", Mr Dhar added.
2) From May, Zoom Air will introduce daily flights to Jorhat and Shillong, "with direct flights (first time) between Kolkata to Jorhat and Jorhat to Shillong as well as Shillong to Kolkata as daily connection in Zoom Air's CRJ-200 as a full service commuter", the Zoom Air CEO said.
3) "From mid-May we are starting our Delhi-Bikaner-Delhi-Jabalpur-Kolkata-Dimapur-Kolkata-Jabalpur-Delhi flight which shall also operate as direct Delhi-Amritsar-Delhi evening services," Mr Dhar added.
5) Zoom Air will operate "daily non-stop flights" from Jorhat (Assam) to Kolkata from March 25, 2017, as per its website. A search on the airline's portal showed tickets for this flight on March 25 were sold out:
6) Zoom Air, which commenced commercial operations on February 15, 2017 to mark its entry as the 12th operational carrier in the domestic aviation market, will restrict till March 2018 to five aircraft operations only as per DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) requirements, the CEO said.
9) Zoom Air's planned fourth and fifth aircraft have been contracted and "are undergoing heavy maintenance checks, Indian Air safety modifications and livery paint job, including interior upgrade", Mr Dhar added.
10) Many airlines have been adding new routes to capitalise on strong passenger growth in India. Most recently, AirAsia India announced addition of two new destinations in its network - Kolkata and Ranchi.