Five Things that you should know about State Bank of India's (SBI) Q2 results
1. Net interest income rose nearly 3 per cent from a year earlier to Rs 18,586 crore, while total provisions including for bad loans rose almost 27 per cent to Rs 18,418 crore.
2. Net Profit in September quarter and Rs 3,587 Crore in first half of 2018 fiscal was higher by 383.83% and 2061% YoY respectively.
3. Operating profit excluding exceptional and one-time items soared by 11.40% year on year in the second half of 2018 fiscal
4. Casa (current account savings account) ratio rose 3.98% year on year to 44.88% while deposits grew by 10.27% year on year from Rs 23, 78, 956 crore to Rs 26, 23, 180 crore.
5. Gross non performing assets (NPA) declined by 14 basis points to 9.83% and net NPA declined by 54 basis points. 78% of total transactions took place via alternate channels. Share of digital transactions rose by over 1,000 bps as on September 2017 from September 2016