Vistara is a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) with Tatas holding the majority stake of 51 per cent in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49 per cent.
"The arrival of our 21st aircraft makes this phase special. It enables us to strengthen our network further, which gives us the opportunity to offer more choices in terms of frequencies to our ever-growing base of loyal customers," said Mr Leslie Thng, CEO, Vistara.
Recently, Vistara also announced a new option that allows passengers to take a prior flight on reaching airport up to 4 hours before scheduled flight at a nominal fee of Rs. 2,500. Vistara's new scheme is called #VistaraFlyEarly and is available with no change fee or payable fare difference.
In May, Vistara had launched a chef on-board programme in partnership with Vistara's caterers, Taj SATS Air Catering Limited. Chef on-board is an innovative and first-of-its-kind initiative in the country where uniformed chefs will take direct and instant customer feedback on the new menu introduced across the network.
Vistara commenced its commercial operations in January 2015 and serves 22 destinations.
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.