Here are 10 things that you must know about the top celebrity brands in the country:
1) Shah Rukh Khan slipped to second rank, with a brand value of $106 million, down nearly 20 per cent as compared to 2016.
2) "For the first time since we began publishing our rankings, Shah Rukh Khan has slipped from the top ranking and been replaced by Virat Kohli. Kohli is now the first choice of brands to engage and attract consumers, fuelled by his extraordinary on-field performances and off-field charisma," Duff & Phelps managing director and region leader-India, Japan and Southeast Asia Varun Gupta said.
3) Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, valued at $93 million, retained her third rank in the list.
4) Virat Kohli endorses 20 brands as of October 2017, while Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone endorse 21 and 23 brands, respectively.
5) Actor Akshay Kumar added seven new product brands to his portfolio and his brand value surged nearly 97 per cent to reach $47 million in 2017.
6) "Other young celebrities such as actress Alia Bhatt, actor Varun Dhawan and badminton champion P V Sindhu have either risen in the rankings or entered our top 15 list, backed by noteworthy performances in their respective fields and strong endorsement signings over the last year," Mr Gupta added.
8) Ace badminton player PV Sindhu is the first female sports personality to feature in the top 15 celebrities, occupying the 15th slot with a brand valuation of $15 million.
9) "While Bollywood celebrities continue to dominate the top 15, sportspersons are providing tough competition as Kohli, Dhoni and Sindhu, collectively valued at $180 million, account for nearly a quarter of the overall celebrity brand value of the top 15," Duff & Phelps director Aviral Jain pointed out.
10) Celebrities are believed to feature in close to 50 per cent of all advertisements aired in India, the report said, adding that the number of products endorsed by the top 15 celebrities has seen a 14 per cent growth over last year. In 2016, the top 15 celebrities endorsed 205 products, which rose to 234 in 2017.