A beta version - which is a version released for testing before its general release - of the UMANG app is available for now. "Try beta version of UMANG app and share your feedback," Mr Prasad further said. UMANG app lists various digital services offered by central and state governments. Some of these services include My Pan, EPFO (Employees' Provident Fund Organisation), Bharat Gas, NPS (National Pension System), PMKVY (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana), CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education ) and AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
#UMANG provides more than 100 services on a single mobile app. Now you can apply for a new PAN Card through this app. Try beta version of UMANG app and share your feedback. #DigitalIndiapic.twitter.com/fwj8S40rD3— Ravi Shankar Prasad (@rsprasad) November 12, 2017
How to prepare your PAN card application online using UMANG app:
The UMANG app connects users with the My PAN service, provided by the UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited or UTIITSL. An issuer of PAN card, UTIITSL is a government-owned company which provides technology and outsourcing services to the financial and government sectors.
Using the My PAN service, an applicant can prepare their PAN application by taking up e-KYC (Know Your Customer). The user does so by providing his or her Aadhaar details in the name, date of birth, address and mobile number fields. The e-KYC is carried out through an OTP or One-Time Pin method through the mobile connection registered with Aadhaar.
The UTIITSL has shared guidelines for submitting a PAN application and making payment online through the My Pan app.
Here are 10 things to know:
1. Users can fill the PAN application through Form 49A in offline mode. That means the app takes data from the user and generates the full application, which can be submitted subsequently to a UTIITSL branch. Form 49A is used for applying for a permanent account number (PAN) by citizens or companies.
3. Once in the app, a user can proceed by selecting between the status of applicant from the two options available - individual and company. After making a selection, click on the 'next' button.
4. An 'application number' is generated on successful submission of the form. After this step, the applicant can proceed to the 'make payment' page.
6. The My PAN app also enables the user to view the PDF file by clicking on the 'open PDF' button. This file can also be emailed or printed out.
8. The application requires the applicant to provide his or her signatures at three specified positions on the form: one across the affixed photograph on the left hand box, one below the photograph in the right hand box, and one in the space provided on page 2.
9. With the application form now complete, the applicant can attach the copies of relevant documents as proof of identity, proof of address and proof of date of birth.
10. After this step, the applicant can submit or dispatch the set of documents to the nearest UTIITSL office.
How to download mobile app UMANG:
The mobile app is available on both Android and Apple platforms. Those using Android smartphones as well as iPhone users can download the UMANG app through Play Store and App Store respectively.
Some services offered by UMANG:
UMANG app, among other features, enables CBSE students to locate the exam centers. CBSE students can also view their examination results using the UMANG application.
UMANG app enables students, teachers, parents and schools to view class-wise and subject-wise content provided by NCERT in online and offline modes.
Citizens can search for AICTE- or All India Council for Technical Education-approved institutes and courses using UMANG app.
Using UMANG app, citizens can apply as a candidate under the government's skill development scheme PMKVY (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana) and view their application.