EPF or Employees' Provident Fund is a mandatory contribution from the salary of an individual that every organisation with more than 20 employees has to deduct. EPFO (Employees' Provident Fund Organisation), which comes under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, is the nodal agency to monitors EPF contributions -- shared eually between employees and employer. If one changes their organisation they need to file a transfer claim for EPF money. This claim can be filed online via EPFO's website, epfindia.gov.in.
Here are the five steps you need to follow to transfer your PF money:
(Go on EPF website and click on our services)
1. You need to go on EPF website and click on our services and choose employees.
(On this page you click on member UAN/ online service (OCS/OTP) under services)
2. After clicking on 'employees', you are directed to a page where you click on member UAN/ online service (OCS/OTP) under services.
(UAN stands for Universal Account Number which is allotted by the EPFO)
3. After clicking on Member UAN/ Online Service (OCS/OTP) under 'services' you reach here and need to enter your UAN and password. UAN stands for Universal Account Number which is allotted by the EPFO. The UAN is to link multiple member identification numbers (member Ids) allotted to a single member under single Universal Account Number.
If a member is already allotted a UAN, he/she is required to provide the same on
joining the new organisation to enable the new employer to mark the new allotted (Member Id) to the already allotted UAN.
(On this page click on 'One member - one EPF account)
4. After entering your UAN and password, you reach on to the next page where you click on 'One member - one EPF account (transfer request)', under online services.
(On this page, you need to enter your UAN and OTP or one-time password)
5. After that you are redirected to the final page where you need to enter your UAN and OTP or one-time password, which you will receive on your registered mobile number. Click on 'submit' thereafter.
One can also check EPF claim status via the Umang app. The term Umang stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. It can be downloaded by giving a missed call 9718397183. The APP can also be downloaded from Umang website or from the play/app stores.