The BSE Sensex fell more than 2 per cent on Monday and the Nifty retreated from a 28-month high amid profit taking and on concerns of widening trade deficit. Weaker global shares also weighed on sentiment. However, traders remains bullish amid global liquidity, although economic indicators - including wholesale price due on Tuesday - and political developments ahead of elections expected by next year would also be key.
Here are the stocks to track today.
- Tata Steel: Sees consolidated goodwill, asset impairment of $1.6 billion in fiscal 2012-13 mainly on account of weaker European economy.
- Ranbaxy Lab's subsidiary has agreed to pay a record $500 million in fines and penalties for selling adulterated drugs and lying to federal regulators in a case that is part of an ongoing crackdown on the quality of generic drugs flowing into the U.S.
- Elder Pharma: Will report earnings today. The stock has plunged 40 per cent over the last week.
- Dr Reddy's: LIC has sold 2.13 per cent stake between January to May through open market, bringing its shareholding down to 4.1 per cent. Q4 net is seen up 31 per cent at Rs 448 crore on sales of Rs 2,887 crore (up 12 per cent).
- Venus Remedies: Board will meet on May 18 to consider fundraising.
- Lupin: Barclays maintains overweight, while raising its target from Rs 747 to Rs 894. Lupin will reap full benefits from oral contraceptive launches in FY16, Barclays says.
- NTPC: CLSA maintains outperform, while cutting target price to Rs 175 from Rs 190. CLSA prefer Power Grid over NTPC. NTPC will find it difficult to grow earnings beyond 6-7 per cent CAGR, it says.
- Oberoi Realty: UBS has upgraded the stock to buy and raised its target price from Rs 250 to Rs 300. Oberoi Realty is well-positioned amid current Mumbai headwinds, UBS says.
- Reliance Infra: Q4 sales are seen down 41 per cent at Rs 3,402 crore, while net is seen down 49.5 per cent at Rs 332 crore.
- Wockhardt has named V Suresh as president (finance).