Good news! PAN integration with DigiLocker rolled out. You can access your realtime PAN Verification Record from Income Tax Department, Govt of India. Over 25 crore PAN card holders can now use this facility from DigiLocker website and mobile apps! #PAN#CBDT— DigiLocker (@digilocker_ind) February 19, 2018
Quick demo of how over 25 crore PAN card holders in India can now get their realtime PAN Verification Records from Income Tax Dept via DigiLocker! @IncomeTaxIndia@_DigitalIndia@rsprasad@OfficeOfRSP@India_Stack@mygovindia@Product_Nationpic.twitter.com/O4tiUxilhD— DigiLocker (@digilocker_ind) February 21, 2018
DigiLocker in detail
DigiLocker is a cloud-based platform for issuance, storage, sharing and verification of documents and certificates in digital form which enables select registered organisations to provide electronic or e-copies into 'digital lockers' allotted to citizens, according to the official DigiLocker website - digilocker.gov.in.
How to get PAN verification record via DigiLocker web/app:
1. Click on DigiLocker official website- digilocker.gov.in and sign up using your Aadhaar number
Also read: How To Store Your Aadhaar Card In DigiLocker
2. On left hand side, click on 'issued documents'. A bar will then pop-up stating 'Issued documents come directly into your DigiLocker from registered government departments and agencies. You can also pull documents from some partners and add to issued documents'.
3. The message shows a hyperlink on 'Pull documents'. Click on that
Also read: How To Access Aadhaar Services Through UMANG App
4. In partner's name, select 'income tax department, Govt of India' from the dropdown and in document type select 'PAN verification record'
5. Go to search documents and fill details like name, date of birth, PAN and gender.
6. Now, click on 'Get document'.
7. Your PAN data will be fetched.
8. Your PAN is integrated with DigiLocker. You can view the document or save its link.
Just open your 'DigiLocker' app, use your Aadhaar number to sign up and follow the same steps as for the website.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.