NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Wipro Ltd., the flagship company of the Azim H Premji group was incorporated in the year 1945. The company started off originally as a manufacturer of vegetable ghee/vanaspati, refined edible oils etc. Gradually the company has diversified into various other businesses.
Today Wipro Limited is the first PCMM Level 5 and SEI CMM Level 5 certified IT Services Company globally. Wipro provides comprehensive IT solutions and services, including systems integration, Information Systems outsourcing, package implementation, software application development and maintenance, and research and development services to corporations globally.
In the Indian market, Wipro is a leader in providing IT solutions and services for the corporate segment in India offering system integration, network integration, software solutions and IT services. Wipro also has profitable presence in niche market segments of consumer products and lighting. In the Asia Pacific and Middle East markets, Wipro provides IT solutions and services for global corporations.
Wipro's ADSs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and its equity shares are listed in India on the Stock Exchange – Mumbai, and the National Stock Exchange, among others.
Wipro is the leading strategic IT partner for companies across India, the Middle East and Asia–Pacific – offering integrated IT solutions. They plan, deploy, sustain and maintain your IT lifecycle through their total outsourcing, consulting services, business solutions and professional services. Wipro InfoTech helps you drive momentum in your organisation – no matter what domain you are in.
Backed by their strong quality processes and rich experience managing global clients across various business verticals, they align IT strategies to your business goals. Along with their best of breed technology partners, Wipro InfoTech also helps you with your hardware and IT infrastructure needs.
The various accreditations that they have achieved for every service they offer reflect their commitment towards quality assurance. Wipro InfoTech was the first global software company to achieve Level 5 SEI–CMM, the world's first IT Company to achieve Six Sigma, as well as the world's first company to attain Level 5 PCMM.
Their continuing success in executing projects is a result of their stringent implementation of quality processes. Deploying quality frameworks to align with your business will give you the benefit of a smooth and transparent transition while providing complete IT lifecycle management. Reliability and perfection are a result of their adherence to these quality benchmarks and this has been their key differentiator, while helping drive the business momentum.
The company’s experience and expertise are measured against globally recognized standards to ensure their commitment in delivering competitive solutions to their customers. Wipro InfoTech epitomises quality by maintaining high standards in service offerings and products, as well as internal processes and people management. They believe in constantly scaling quality standards by expanding our efficiency in all areas beyond their basic IT offerings.
Different people perceive innovation in various ways. At Wipro InfoTech, their innovative thinking helps them adopt newer business lines and offerings based on your business expectations. They have adapted to the changes brought about by technology and business and this has helped us improve customer experience through service delivery and process optimisation.
In 2013, the company decided to shut down its hardware manufacturing business because it offers no competitive advantage. It would no longer build Wipro–branded desktops, laptops, and servers, including the SuperGenuis line of PCs and NetPower servers. It would now look to beef up its footprint as a systems integrator and increase its focus on IT services.
Different divisions of the company:
Wipro Technologies – Wipro Technologies is the global IT services business division of Wipro Limited. With over 20 offices around the world, Wipro Technologies is the No.1 provider of integrated business, technology and process solutions on a global delivery platform.
Wipro Infotech– Wipro Infotech is the leading strategic IT partner for companies across India, the Middle East and Asia–Pacific – offering integrated IT solutions. We plan, deploy, sustain and maintain your IT lifecycle through our total outsourcing, consulting services, business solutions and professional services.
Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting– Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting, a business unit of Wipro Limited, has a profitable presence in the branded retail market of toilet soaps, hair care soaps, baby care products and lighting products. It is also a leader in institutional lighting in specified segments like software, pharma and retail.
Wipro Infrastructure Engineering – Wipro Infrastructure Engineering was Wipro Limited’s first diversification in 1975, which addressed the hydraulic equipment requirements of mobile original equipment manufacturers in India. Over the past 25 years, the Wipro Infrastructure Engineering business unit has become a leader in the Hydraulic Cylinders and Truck Tipping Systems markets in India, and intends growing its business to serve the global manufacturing requirements of Hydraulic Cylinders and Truck Tippers.
Wipro GE Medical Systems – Wipro GE Medical Systems is a joint venture between Wipro and General Electric Company. As a part of GE Medical Systems South Asia, it caters to customer and patient needs with a commitment to uncompromising quality. Wipro GE is India’s largest exporter of medical systems, with unmatched distribution and service reach in South Asia. Wipro GE pioneered the manufacture of Ultrasound and Computed Tomography systems in India and is a supplier for all GE Medical Systems products and services in South Asia.
Products and services offered by the company:
Wipro was having its presence across various verticals viz;(it decided to shut its hardware business in 2013)
- Wipro Personal Computing Products
- Enterprise Products
- Software Products and Licences
Wipro Personal Computing Products:–
- Wipro Desktop WSG37205
- Wipro Desktop WSG37555
- Wipro Desktop WSG15C55
- Wipro Desktop WSG15D55
- Wipro Desktop WSG41155.
- Wipro Desktop WSG53255
- Wipro Desktop WSG37555
- Wipro Desktop WSG15C55
- Wipro Desktop WSG15D55
- Wipro Desktop WSG41155.
- Wipro Desktop WSG38105
- Wipro Desktop WSG41155
Gaming PC :
- Intel® Processor based
- AMD Processor based
Wipro Green Computing:
- Wipro Desktop WSG 15D55V
- Wipro Desktop WSG 37555V.
- Wipro 7B1610
- Wipro EM4700
- Wipro 7B1630
- Wipro 7E1100
- Wipro 7B1100
- Wipro 7B3800
- Wipro 7710P
- Wipro 7B1650.
- Entry level and dual servers
- Performance Segment
- Blade server
- Enterprise class server.
AMD– performance & Enterprise classWipro LooKeys.Supercomputing
Services offered by the company:
- System Integration
- Managed Services
- Total Outsourcing
- Application Development and Portals
- Business Transformation Services
- Security Governance
- Data Warehousing and Biz Intelligence
- Availability Services
Wipro – Australia–based MMG Selects Wipro as Strategic Partner
Wipro – Wipro Acquires L.D.Waxson with Skincare brands Bio–essence & Ginvera
Wipro Tech joins Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) to develop smartphone–based connected–car solutions
Wipro Technologies, Oracle joined hands to offer next gen Oracle Fusion HCM solution
Wipro Infotech, the India and Middle East, IT Business unit of Wipro launched the e.go aero range of ultraportable notebooks
Wipro Wins NASSCOM Corporate Award for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion 2012
- 2011: Inaugurated its first rural BPO at Manjakkudi village in Tamil Nadu to capitalize on literate talent pool available in the region.
- 2011: Wipro has signed an agreement to acquire majority stake of Brazil based hydraulic cylinder manufacturer R.K.M. EQUIPAMENTOS HIDRAULICOS.
- 2010: Wipro Infotech –– the India, Middle East and Africa, IT Business of Wipro––has been awarded a 5–year IT outsourcing contract by Vasan Eye Care – one of India's largest network of eye care centers and a unit of Vasan Healthcare Group.
- 2010: Wipro Technologies, the global IT services business division of Wipro, has jointly with Citrix Systems entered into an agreement with Microsoft.
- 2008: Launch of Wipro Egypt Development Center
- 2008: Launch of Wipro GSMC in Kuala Laumpur
- 2007: Wipro Arabia Joint Venture found
- 2006: Acquisition of 3D networks
- 2006: Launch of GSMC– Global Service Management Centre for remote service delivery
- 2004: Start of Total Outsourcing business
- 2002: Start of Consulting business unit
- 2001: Launch of Wipro Infotech Middle East & Asia–Pacific operations
- 1998: Mission Quality journey started with focus on Six Sigma
- 2000: Wipro Listed on NYSE
- 1998: Re–launch of Wipro branded PC
- 1995: Wipro–BT joint venture started
- 1995: Joint Venture with Acer started
- 1995: Partnership with Cisco announced
- 1995: Offshoring services started
- 1992: Launch of global R&D services
- 1990: Launch of global software services business
- 1988: Partnership with Sun Microsystems announced
- 1986: Manufacturing tie–up with Epson for printers
- 1986: Start of Wipro PC manufacturing (with India's first surface mounted technology)
- 1984: Start of Wipro Systems – focus on software products (Wipro branded as well as distribution business)
- 1981: Manufacture of mini computers started at the Mysore factory
- 1980: Birth of IT business under banner of Wipro Information Technology Ltd. focused on hardware manufacturing and R&D
- 1945: Manufacturing of edible oils
- In 2014 Wipro Rated as a 'High Performer' in HfS Blueprint Report on Insurance BPO
- Wipro Recognized as a Best in Class Outsourcing and Consulting Service Provider for 2014 by Consumer Goods Technology Readers
- Best Websphere Partner Award.
- Authorized EMC Signature Partner in South Asia.
- Best TSG Partner of HP.
- Best System Integrator award 2007–08.
- Best Technology Partner for the Year.
- Network Integrator of the Year 2008.
- SAP Pinnacle Award 2008.
- Golden Peacock Innovation Management Award 2007.
- Riverbed Partner of the year 2007 award.
- National Partner of the Year 2007 Award from Microsoft.
- Wipro wins FIVE awards from CISCO.
- India's first ever Microsoft Platinum Partner Award.
- Wipro 3D Networks once again emerged as the most formidable partner for Nortel in FY 2006 bagging all the highest awards in significant categories – Sales, pre sales & post sales
- Partner of the Year award:––Over Drive Excellence of the Year award –Sales Champion of the Year award –Pre–Sales Champion of the Year award –Customer Champion of the Year award