NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Vaibhav Global earlier known as Vaibhav Gems Limited (VGL) incorporated in Jaipur in 1989, is today a professionally managed, end–to–end vertically integrated business organization. With a very small beginning, today VGL is the largest exporter of colored gemstones from India, and also the one of the largest exporter of studded jewelry.
VGL was engaged in the exports of gemstones on a nominal scale upto 1994. In 1996–97, as an exercise in forward integration, the company came out with IPO that was aimed at establishing a world–class jewelry–manufacturing unit for export of gem–studded gold jewelry. In the year 1999–2000, it set up a new 100% EOU at EPIP, Sitapura.
In 2003–04, it established a new state–of–the–art jewelry–manufacturing unit at Sitapura and also installed a micro–weight gold chain manufacturing plant, probably the first the one outside USA.
In 2004–05, VGL ventured into international retail market by setting up its wholly owned subsidiary Jewel Gem Inc. USA. The company set up retail chain stores at major tourists destinations like Alaska and Caribbean under the brand name ?GenoA Jewelers?. VGL also commissioned diamond–processing unit at Adarsh Nagar, Jaipur for captive consumption in manufacturing jewellery and exports.
In 2005–06, the company became an Indian MNC, probably the first in the Indian gems and jewelry sector by extending its operations in more than 10 countries, through the acquisition of STS Group of companies and setting up of 12 retail stores at major holiday destination of the world. During the year VGL completed $70 million GDR issue successfully. Warburg, one the leading private equity investor of the world has also acquired more than 27% equity stake in the company.
At VGL manufacturing infrastructure is most contemporary and scientific by making full use of CAD, CAM systems and equipments such as Laser soldering machines. Besides this, the company has a modern, extensive computer network, and has implemented an ERP solution to integrate all its operations.
Product range of the company includes:
VGL is manufacturing studded (both diamonds and colour stones) yellow as well as white gold jewelry items viz. Rings, Earrings, Pendants and Bracelets, etc out of divine passion with a touch of Indian tradition. It has made heavy investments in designing and new products developments.
- 1980 – Launching of Vaibhav Enterprises.
- 1989 – Incorporation of Vaibhav Gems Limited.
- 1994 – VGL takes over Vaibhav Enterprises.
- 1996–97 – Public offer of Rs 709.50 lakh at a premium of Rs. 20 per share.
- 1999–00 – Set up 100% EOU at EPIP, Sitapura.
- 2002–03 – Issued Bonus shares in 1:1 ratio.
- 2003–04 – Major capacity enhancement through setting up of new state of art jewellery manufacturing unit Commissioned micro weight gold chain plant ? Probably the only manufacturing setup out of United States of America.
- 2004–05– Setting up of retail chain stores at major international tourist destinations Diamond Processing Unit in Adarsh Nagar
- 2005–06– International presence through Acquisition of STS Group of Companies & Setting up of more Retail Chain stores at Alaska, Caribbean Islands, Mexico, St. Kits, St. Thomas, St. Maartin Completion of $70 million GDR issue successfully Warburg, one the leading private Equity Investor of the world has acquired more than 27% Equity Stake in the company Started 24 hours online Jewelry TV Channel marketing under the brand name ?ILIANA?
- 2006–07 Received highest Export Award (Coloured Gemstone Category) for the 15th time, 13th time in succession. Started a 24–hour jewellery TV channel in Germany. Shortlisted for the 3rd time in Succession for adopting good corporate governance practices, for the ICSI National Corporate Governance Award.
- 2007–08 Received highest Export Award (Coloured Gemstone Category) for the 16th time, 13th time in succession. Nalanda India Fund limited, one of the very reputed private equity fund, has invested USD 35 million in the company.
VGL has again received highest Export Award (Coloured Gemstone Category) for the 16th time, 13th time in succession.