NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
INDEPENDENT AUDITORS' REPORT
TO THE MEMBERS OF T.V. TODAY NETWORK LIMITED
Report on the Standalone financial Statements
1. We have audited the accompanying standalone financial statements of T.V. Today Network Limited ("the Company"), which comprise the Balance Sheet as at March 31, 2015, the Statement of Profit and Loss, the Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended, and a summary of the significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management's Responsibility for the Standalone Financial Statements
2. The Company's Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section 134(5) of the Companies Act, 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation of these standalone financial statements to give a true and fair view of the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with the accounting principles generally accepted in India, including the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014. This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting records in accordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding of the assets of the Company and for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection and application of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that are reasonable and prudent; and design, implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controls, that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, relevant to the preparation and presentation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
3. Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these standalone financial statements based on our audit.
4. We have taken into account the provisions of the Act and the Rules made thereunder including the accounting standards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report.
5. We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified under Section 143(10) of the Act and other applicable authoritative pronouncements issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Those Standards and pronouncements require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free from material misstatement.
6. An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and the disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditor's judgment, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments, the auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Company's preparation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view, in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances, but not for the purpose of expressing an opinion on whether the Company has in place an adequate internal financial controls system over financial reporting and the operating effectiveness of such controls. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of the accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accounting estimates made by the Company's Directors, as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements.
7. We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion on the standalone financial statements.
8. In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us, the aforesaid standalone financial statements give the information required by the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accounting principles generally accepted in India, of the state of affairs of the Company as at March 31, 2015, and its profit and its cash flows for the year ended on that date.
Emphasis of Matter
9. We draw attention to Note 40 of the financial statements regarding the carrying value of investment in Mail Today Newspapers Private Limited (Mail Today) amounting to Rs. 455,212,482, which is considered appropriate by the management based on the guarantee received from the holding company, Living Media India Limited, for indemnifying any loss to the Company arising from the sale of the said investment. The appropriateness of the carrying value of the said investment is dependent on the continuance of the guarantee till the date of sale of investment and availability of funds to indemnify the loss. Our conclusion is not qualified in respect of this matter.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
10. As required by 'the Companies (Auditor's Report) Order, 2015', issued by the Central Government of India in terms of sub–section (11) of section 143 of the Act (hereinafter referred to as the "Order"), and on the basis of such checks of the books and records of the Company as we considered appropriate and according to the information and explanations given to us, we give in the Annexure a statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order
11. As required by Section 143 (3) of the Act, we report that:
(a) We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the best of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit.
(b) In our opinion, proper books of account as required by law have been kept by the Company so far as it appears from our examination of those books.
(c) The Balance Sheet, the Statement of Profit and Loss, and the Cash Flow Statement dealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account.
(d) In our opinion, the aforesaid standalone financial statements comply with the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014.
(e) On the basis of the written representations received from the directors as on March 31, 2015 taken on record by the Board of Directors, none of the directors is disqualified as on March 31, 2015 from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164 (2) of the Act.
(f) With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditor's Report in accordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014, in our opinion and to the best of our knowledge and belief and according to the information and explanations given to us:
i. The Company has disclosed the impact of pending litigations as at March 31, 2015 on its financial position in its standalone financial statements – Refer Note 19;
ii. The Company does not have derivative contracts and in respect of other long–term contracts there are no material foreseeable losses as at March 31, 2015;
iii. There has been no delay in transferring amounts, required to be transferred, to the Investor Education and Protection Fund by the Company during the year ended March 31, 2015.
Annexure to Independent Auditors' Report
Referred to in paragraph 10 of the Independent Auditors' Report of even date to the members of T.V. Today Network Limited on the standalone financial statements as of and for the year ended March 31, 2015
i. (a) The Company is maintaining proper records showing full particulars, including quantitative details and situation, of fixed assets.
(b) The fixed assets are physically verified by the Management according to a phased programme designed to cover all the items over a period of three years which, in our opinion, is reasonable having regard to the size of the Company and the nature of its assets. Pursuant to the programme, a portion of the fixed assets has been physically verified by the Management during the year and no material discrepancies have been noticed on such verification.
ii. The Company is in the business of rendering services, and consequently, does not hold any inventory. Therefore, the provisions of Clause 3(ii) of the said Order are not applicable to the Company.
iii. The Company has not granted any loans, secured or unsecured, to companies, firms or other parties covered in the register maintained under Section 189 of the Act. Therefore, the provisions of Clause 3(iii), (iii)(a) and (iii) (b) of the said Order are not applicable to the Company.
iv. In our opinion, and according to the information and explanations given to us, there is an adequate internal control system commensurate with the size of the Company and the nature of its business for the purchase of fixed assets and for the sale of services. The Company's operations do not involve purchase of inventory and sale of goods. Further, on the basis of our examination of the books and records of the Company, and according to the information and explanations given to us, we have neither come across, nor have been informed of, any continuing failure to correct major weaknesses in the aforesaid internal control system.
v. The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public within the meaning of Sections 73, 74, 75 and 76 of the Act and the rules framed there under to the extent notified.
vi. We have broadly reviewed the books of account maintained by the Company in respect of products where, pursuant to the rules made by the Central Government of India, the maintenance of cost records has been specified under sub–section (1) of Section 148 of the Act, and are of the opinion that, prima facie, the prescribed accounts and records have been made and maintained. We have not, however, made a detailed examination of the records with a view to determine whether they are accurate or complete.
vii. (a) According to the information and explanations given to us and the records of the Company examined by us, in our opinion, the Company is regular in depositing the undisputed statutory dues, including provident fund, employees' state insurance, income tax, sales tax, wealth tax, service tax, duty of customs, value added tax, cess and other material statutory dues, as applicable, with the appropriate authorities.
(b) According to the information and explanations given to us and the records of the Company examined by us, there are no dues of income–tax, sales–tax, wealth–tax, duty of customs, value added tax, cess which have not been deposited on account of any dispute. The particulars of dues of service tax as at March 31, 2015 which have not been deposited on account of a dispute, are as follows:–
c) The amount required to be transferred to Investor Education and Protection Fund has been transferred within the stipulated time in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 and the rules made there under.
viii. The Company has no accumulated losses as at the end of the financial year and it has not incurred any cash losses in the financial year ended on that date or in the immediately preceding financial year.
ix. According to the records of the Company examined by us and the information and explanation given to us, the Company has not defaulted in repayment of dues to any financial institution or bank or debenture holders as at the balance sheet date.
x. In our opinion, and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not given any guarantee for loans taken by others from banks orfinancial institutions during the year. Accordingly, the provisions of Clause 3(x) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
xi. In our opinion, and according to the information and explanations given to us, the term loans have been applied, on an overall basis, for the purposes for which they were obtained.
xii. During the course of our examination of the books and records of the Company, carried out in accordance with the generally accepted auditing practices in India, and according to the information and explanations given to us, we have neither come across any instance of material fraud on or by the Company, noticed or reported during the year, nor have we been informed of any such case by the Management.
For Price Waterhouse
Firm Registration Number: 301112E
Sd/– Sougata Mukherjee
Membership Number 57084
Date: May 12, 2015