NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Trident earlier known as Abhishek Industries Limited, the flagship company of the Trident Group was incorporated in April, 1990. It is one of the largest towel manufacturers of the world, one of the world's largest agro–based paper manufacturers and one of the largest yarn producers in India.
TridentGroup is a leading diversified business conglomerate of India. Incorporated in 1990, the company continues to grow under the dynamic leadership of the chairman Mr. Rajinder Gupta, a first generation entrepreneur. With a modest beginning of 17,280 spindles of yarns, the group today exports to over 75 countries and is continuously striving to uphold its position as one of the largest yarn producers in India.
The operations of the company are segregated into four main segments viz. Yarns, Terry Towels, Paper and Chemicals.
Trident caters to all segments of the market – Brands, Department Stores, Home Specialty Chains, Mass Merchants and Institutional Customers. Our clientele comprises stalwarts of retail world in US, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We are also making significant inroads into the markets in Japan, Middle East and South Africa.
Yarns segment product offerings:
- 100% cotton yarn (Grey/Dyed/Mercerized)
- Single & TFO Doubled
- Hosiery & Weaving (Combed & Carded)
- Poly Cotton blended Yarn
- 100% Poly Spun Yarn (Combed & Carded)
- 100% Egyptian Cotton Yarn
- 100% PIMA Cotton Yarn
- Organic Cotton Yarn
- 100% Water Soluble PVA Yarn
- SLUB Yarn
- Combed and Semi–Combed Knitting and Weaving Yarn with a Count range of 10–30
- Polyester Spun Knitting and Weaving Yarn with a Count range of 30–40
- Dyed and Mercerized Double and Processed Yarn
- Water Soluble 100% PVA Yarns with a Count Range of NE 30 to NE 80
Terry Towels segment product offerings:
- Piece–dyed dobbies
- Yarn–dyed single and double jacquards
- Uni–dyed jacquards
- Yarn–dyed stripes
- Weft inserts and checks
- Terry and velour finish
- Beach towels
- Bath sheets, bath towels and bath mats
- Hand towels
- Guest towels
- Face fringes
- Kitchen towels
- Printed towels
- Embroidered towels
Paper segment product offerings:
- Spectra Copier – Ultra–finish, high–speed Copier Paper in two varieties – 75 GSM with brightness 88% ISO and 80 GSM with brightness more than 90% ISO
- Goldline Surface Size Maplitho – 54 GSM to 90 GSM with brightness 90% + ISO
- Silver Surface Size Maplitho – 54 GSM to 90 GSM with brightness 88% ISO.
- Super White Maplitho (54 – 90 GSM with 88% ISO Brightness)
- Ivory White Paper (54 – 90 GSM with 85% ISO Brightness)
- Eco–Print Paper (54 – 90 GSM with 80% ISO Brightness)
- Base Paper (80 – 90% ISO Brightness)
- Bible Printing Paper (45 – 50 GSM with 90% ISO Brightness)
- Watermark Offset Printing Paper (54 – 90 GSM with 80 – 90% ISO Brightness)
Chemicals segment product offerings:
With the changing industrial needs, the company has also ventured into specialized product markets.
Battery Grade Sulphuric acid is the premium quality product to cater to these markets. Commercial Grade is also manufactured keeping in view the larger market share.
Leading battery manufacturers and other high–end consumers comprise the clientele for these products.
Milestones & Awards:
- 1990 ? Incorporation of the company
- 1992 ? The company starts implementing its yarn spinning project in joint sector with Punjab State Industrial Development Corporation (PSIDC) to set–up 24,960 spindles unit
- 1998 ? The company and PSIDC decides to set–up another unit of 43,392 spindles
- 1999 ? Abhishek Spinfab Corporation merges with Abhishek Industries
- 2001 ? The company augments the terry towels capacity to 7,500 tpa from earlier 3,032 tpa
- 2002 ? Varinder Agro Chemicals mergers with the company
- 2003 ? The company joins hands with Apollo Health and Lifestyle Ltd to implement and operate 'The Apollo Clinic'
- 2001 ? The company receives 'International supplier of the year – 2001' award from Wal Mart, US
- 2003 ? Receives ?Supplier of the Year ? 2003? award from Wal Mart USA.
- 2003 ? Establishes wholly–owned subsidiary 'Abhishek Industries Inc' in USA
- 2004 ? Delists from the Delhi Stock Exchange
- 2010 – (AIL) launched its new copier paper 'LOTUS' in the premium segment in New Delhi
Abshek Inds – Wins "" 'Sustainability Award from IKEA""
Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award / Textile
Sustainability Award by IKEA / Trade Area South Asia
Texprocil Awards / Silver / Top performer in exports [madeups category]
JC Penney Home Quailty Award / Best supplier of the year
- 2011 – Change of the name of Company from Abhishek Industries Ltd to Trident Ltd.
Company has been awarded the most prestigious "JC Penny–Innovation Award 2010."
Company has been awarded the Bronze Award in Conglomerates Category at the 2011 Spotlight Awards hosted by ""League of American Communications Professionals.
Abshek Inds – TEXPROCIL Award for Outstanding Export Performance 2010–2011
Texprocil Award / Silver / Highest exports in Terry Towels
JC Penney Innovation Award
- 2012 Abshek Inds – Entered into an Agreement with HT Media Limited (HT)
Abshek Inds – Winner of 'Special Commendation"" for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award – 2012
Texprocil Award / Bronze / For Best Global Exporter(Overall)
Texprocil Award / Silver / Top performer in exports
CITI–Birla Award / HR Management in Textile Industry
Golden Peacock Award / Environment Management