NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (TPL) was started in 1959 by U N Mehta as Trinity Laboratories. The company changed its name to present one in 1971.
TPL is flagship company of the Torrent group, a leader in cardiovascular and central nervous system segments. It also has presence in gastro-intestinal, diabetology, anti-infective and pain management segments.
Its manufacturing facilities are located at Indrad (Gujarat) and Baddi (Himachal Pradesh). These units have received various certifications for its quality management such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and ISO/IEC- 17025.
The company?������s Indrad plants manufactures bulk drugs, APIs, formulation in form of tablets, capsules and vials. It has annual production capacity of 6000 million kg of formulations and 15000 kg of bulk drugs/APIs.
TPL?������s Baddi plant has a manufacturing capacity of 3600 million tablets, 400 million capsules and 18 million oral liquid bottles per annum.
In India the company has 11 sales and marketing divisions. It has 1000 product registrations across 50 countries that includes US Latin America, Russia, Europe, Japan and many more.
TPL's research and development department has a team of 560 scientists engaged in drug discovery, drug development and new drug delivery systems.
The company has subsidiaries namely Zao Torrent Pharma (Russia), Torrent Do Brasil Ltda (Brazil), Torrent Pharma GmbH (Germany), Torrent Pharma Inc. (USA) and Torrent Pharma Philippines Inc. (Philippines).
- 2002-03 Torrent Pharma bagged the Gold Trophy for IDMA Quality Excellence Award 2003 for both Formulations and API manufacturing facilities
- 2001-02 Torrent Pharmaceuticals bagged the 'Best Suppliers' award by the Sri Lankan State Pharmaceutical Corporation.
- 2001-02 Torrent Pharma bagged the Gold Trophy for IDMA Quality Excellence Award for its Formulations facility and Silver Trophy forits API manufacturing facility
- 2000-01 Torrent Pharma bagged the Gold Trophy for IDMA Quality Excellence Award for its Formulations facility
- 1999-00 GCCI Export Appreciation Award
- 1999-00 Torrent Pharma bagged the Gold Trophy for IDMA Quality Excellence Award for its Formulations facility.
- 1992-93 Received IDMA Quality Excellence Award
- 1991-92 Received Export Award from Govt. of Gujarat
- 1991-92 Received National Export Award
- 1990-91 Received Export Award from Govt. of Gujarat
- 1990-91 Pride of Asia International award for excellence in Pharmaceuticals Products by international Friendship
- 1989-90 Received Chemexcil Trishul Award for highest Pharma Exports
- 1989-90 Received IDMA Quality Excellence Award
- 1988-89 Received Chemexcil Export Award
- 1987-88 Received Export Award from Govt. of Gujarat
- 1986-87 Received Chemexcil Export Award
- 1986-87 Received IDMA Quality Excellence Award
- 1986-87 Received Export Award from Govt. of Gujarat
- 1985-86 Received Chemexcil Export Award
- 1984-85 Received Chemexcil Export Award
- 1984-85 Received Udyog Ratna Award
- 2011 Received approval of US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its generic of AstraZeneca?������s hypertension drug Plendil. The approval is for 2.5 mg, 5 mg and 10 mg strengths of Felodipine extended release tablets to be sold on prescription basis.
- 2011 Received USFDA approval for Alfuzosin hydrochloride extended release tablets.
- 2006 The API and formulations manufacturing facilities located at Indrad (Gujarat, India) got US FDA approval
- 2006 Entered into an in-licensing deal with Tasly of China to market its Cardiotonic pill in India
- 2006 Torrent Pharma Japan Co., Ltd. incorporated in Japan
- 2005 Torrent Australasia Pty Ltd. incorporated in Australia
- 2005 New manufacturing unit at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh, set up to cater to domestic formulations market.
- 2005 Torrent Pharma signed an agreement with Novo Nordisk India to establish a new, dedicated formulation and packaging facility for Insulin, exclusively for Novo Nordisk
- 2005 Acquired Heumann Pharma GmbH & Co Generica KG, a Pfizer group company, in Germany.
- 2005 Two new marketing divisions- AXON and NEURON set up to cater to neuropsychiatry segment.
- 2005 Entered into a research collaboration with AstraZeneca for developing novel anti-hypertensive drug.
- 2004 Torrent Pharma Philippines Inc. set up.
- 2004 Torrent Pharma?������s manufacturing facility at Indrad received MHRA (UK) and TGA (Australia) approvals
- 2004 Restructuring of marketing divisions and addition of new division, Delta
- 2003 Brazilian Sanitary Surveillance Agency accredited Torrent?������s R&D Centre with ANVISA, authorizing it to conduct Bioequivalance Studies.
- 2003 IDMA Quality Excellence Award Gold Trophy for its formulations and API facilities.
- 2003 Torrent Pharma Inc. set up in USA.
- 2003 GMP Certification received from European Union by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Plant
- 2003 MCC South Africa approval received by Torrent Pharmaceuticals manufacturing plant
- 2002 Acquisition of a small Brazilian company, renamed 'Torrent do Brasil Ltda.'
- 2002 Discovered and patented AGE (Advanced Glycosylation End-products) molecule
- 2002 Torrent Pharma?������s manufacturing facilities certified with ISO 14001:1996.
- 2002 Torrent Pharma?������s manufacturing facilities accredited with OHSAS 18001:1999.
- 2002 Torrent?������s R&D Centre received ISO/IEC 17025:1999 for its facilities by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
- 2002 Addition of a new marketing division, MIND
- 2001 Torrent Pharma?������s manufacturing facilities received ISO 9001:2000 Certificate.
- 2001 IDMA Quality Excellence Award Gold Trophy for its formulation facility.
- 2001 Torrent Pharma ranked in the top 10 Indian Companies in terms of Return on Capital Employed (ET - BCG Study Feb - 2001).
- 1999 Restructuring of Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. through formation of three new divisions - Prima, Vista, Psycan
- 1998 Torrent Exports renamed as Torrent Ltd. as part of restructuring and consolidation exercise.
- 1997 India Infusions Ltd. merged with Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- 1996 State-of-the-art R&D Centre commissioned.
- 1996 Torrent Pharmaceuticals acquires pharma related investments and business of Torrent Exports.
- 1995 Torrent Gujarat Biotech Limited plant commissioned.
- 1989 Second manufacturing plant of Torrent. Pharmaceuticals Limited at Chhatral.
- 1983 First Export Order
- 1980 First major manufacturing facility of Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited at Vatva.
- 1971 Trinity Laboratories renamed as Torrent Pharmaceuticals
- 1959 UN Mehta started pharma operations.