NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Titagarh Wagons, incorporated in 1997, is primarily engaged in the manufacturing of railway wagons. It is one of the leading private sector wagon manufacturers in India. The company has received certifications for its quality management such as ISO 9001: 2000 and BS EN ISO 9001:2000. The rating agency CRISIL has upgraded the rating of TWL from 'A 1' to 'A 1+' i.e. 'Positive'.
Currently, the company is engaged in manufacturing of railway wagons, bailey bridges, heavy earth moving and mining equipment, steel and SG iron castings of moderate to complex configuration. The company also manufactures products for the Indian defence establishment, such as special wagons, shelters and other engineering equipments.
In its initial year, the company started the development of the prototype of BOXN Wagon. Immediately next year the company was awarded an order from Indian Railway to manufacture BOXN and BCNA type wagons. In 2000 there was addition of new type of wagon i.e. BOBYN.
In the year 2001, Titagarh Wagons started its Bailey bridge division. The company started manufacturing of BOBRN type wagon. In 2002 the company despatched its first set of components of Bailey bridges.
Wagon– The company manufactures range of wagons such as hopper wagon, covered wagon, open top wagon, container flat wagon, tank wagon, flat wagon and special purpose wagon.
Heavy Earth Moving and Mining Equipment– Under this the company manufactures hydraulic excavator and crawler mounted crane.
Foundry– Under this company manufactures bogies and couplers.
Rail Coach– Titagarh Wagons manufactures rail coaches for metro systems. It is planning to develop coaches for metro systems setting up at Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
The company is also engaged in undertaking special projects such as developing Bailey bridges, other modular steel bridges and equipments for nuclear power and defence sector.
- 1997 – Year of Incorporation : Development of the Proto Type of BOXN Wagon
- 1998 – 1st Order from the Indian Railways [For BOXN & BCNA Type Wagons
- 2000 – ISO:9002 Certification from Lloyds UK
- 2000 – Addition of new type of wagon (BOBYN) in the order book
- 2001 – Bailey Bridge Division : Only Pvt. Sector Unit Registered with the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- 2001 – Commencement of Manufacturing BOBRN Type Wagon
- 2002 – Recognition from the Minstry of Defence, Government of India as an ?óÔé¼?£Industry Partner?óÔé¼Ôäó for wagons and Bridges
- 2002 – First order for manufacture and supply of Bailey Bridge
- 2002 – Upgradation of Quality Certification to ISO: 9001–1994 from Lloyd?óÔé¼Ôäós Register Quality Assurance, United Kingdom
- 2002 – Despatch of the first set of components for Bailey Bridge
- 2003 – Commencement of two new types of wagons BOST and BFNS in the order book
- 2003 – First order received for supply of Container Flat wagons from CONCOR
- 2003 – First order for supply of Special Purpose Wagons for the Ministry of Defence
- 2003 – Upgradation of Quality Certification to ISO: 9001–2000 from Lloyd?óÔé¼Ôäós Register Quality Assurance, United Kingdom
- 2003 – Recognition of In–House R&D unit by the by the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. Of India
- 2003 – Registered Supplier for United Nations Procurement Division for the manufacture and supply of fabricated engineering items
- 2004 – Received registration from the Ministry Of Defence, Government Of India to be a licensed manufacture of Integrated Field Shelter (NBC Shelter)
- 2004 – 1st Export Order from Africa
- 2005 – Order for the MGR Type Wagon from NTPC
- 2005 – Commencement of Manufacturing BRNAHS Type Wagon
- 2005 – 1st Private Sector Order of BOXN–HS wagon under OYWS
- 2005 – Execution of BTA with Hyderabad Industries Limited for Acquisition of Heavy Engineering Division
- 2005 – Investment in Equity Share of the Company by Strategic Venture (Mauritius) Limited
- 2006 – Investment in Equity Share of the company by 2i Capital PCC
- 2006 – Investment in Equity Share of the company by Goya Limited
- 2006 – Received Quality Certification from ISO: 9001–2000 from Indian Register Quality System (Indian Register of Shipping) for the Heavy Engineering Division
- 2006 – Roll out first ever wagon manufacture under WIS
- 2006 – First order from Private Sector for supply of Food Grain Wagon
- 2006 – First order under Privatisation of Container Freight Traffic for Supply Container Flat Wagon
- 2006 – Addition of new type of wagon (BOXN–LW) in the order book
- 2006 – First order for supply of tank wagons (BTPN)
- 2006 – Entered into a memorandum of understanding with M/s Kawada, Inc, Japan, for development of double lane modular bridges, called Kawada System Truss Bridges
- 2007– Entered into a Share Subscription Agreement with GE. Received first order for EMU Coaches from Indian Railway Entered into an agreement for revival of Cimmco
- 2008– Initial Public Offering of shares. Listing at BSE and NSE, Joint venture for Air Brake Systems & Slack Adjusters
Set up a wholly owned subsidiary in Singapore
- 2009– Delivered 1st rake of EMUs to Indian Railways , Titagarh Biotec P Ltd. (wholly owned subsidiary) and Titagarh Steels Limited were merged with the Company
- 2010– Set up a subsidiary (Titagarh Wagons AFR (TWA)) in France and acquired assets and business of a Wagon/Rolling Stock manufacturing unit in France with capacity to manufacture 5000 wagons. TWA has strong design, research & development competencies