NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Sunil Hitech Engineering was incorporated on May 29, 1998 with an objective to engage in the business of fabrication, erection and commissioning related works required for power plants. Sunil Hitech was formed by taking over of proprietorship concern of Sunil Engineering Works (SEW) with Ratnakar M Gutte as a proprietor, which was in existence since 1984. The company was converted into Sunil Hitech Engineers ltd. on 18th August 2005.
The company is engaged in the niche segment of Fabrication, Erection & Testing and Commissioning of Bunkers, ESPs, Boilers, TG sets in the Power Plants, both in Private & Public sector. SHEL is amongst very few companies which are tightly focused in the ever–growing Power Sector, for the last two decades.
The turning point for this toddling company with sales worth Rs 50–60 lakh per annum came in ?óÔé¼Ôäó94, when BHEL awarded it a contract worth Rs 2.7 crore. At that time, the company did not own proper machinery or equipments to handle such a big project.
However, special permissions were obtained and BHEL itself provided necessary equipments. SEW completed the work before time, in 18 months, whereas the time–frame was 24 months. The quality work provided by the SEW established fresh credentials for the company. It started getting contracts from areas like Vindhyachal, Suratgarh, Panipat and Khapadkheda. Thus SEW started on its big journey. After that, there was no looking back either for the company or for R Gutte.
The company was converted to Private Limited from proprietorship in 1998. A major achievement of SEW was to obtain ISO 9001:2000 certification. There were not many companies bothered about certifications at that time. Being a methodical person, Gutte wanted to establish order in every sector of his company. He wanted to ensure flawless administration and meticulous documentation. Most of the documentation was done in line with BHEL which was responsible towards guiding SEW in many sectors. The same year, the company touched a sales high of Rs 11 crore.
The period of 2001–2004 was toughest for the infrastructure industry. But, against all odds, Sunil Engineering Works not only survived, but also recorded a growth of 3.4 times touching total sales of Rs 35 crore in six years till 2004. The company reached its second landmark in ?óÔé¼Ôäó04 when it was commissioned directly by the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC). The contract was for a work worth Rs 35 crore. Being associated with India?óÔé¼Ôäós largest power producing company which the world?óÔé¼Ôäós third largest brought recognition for the company.
In 2005, Sunil Hitech Engineers was incorporated. Construction of new office building started in 2005. It was when Sunil Gutte thought of making the company a public limited. He went to Mumbai and got valuations which finally convinced the CMD and the CEO. Sunil Hitech became a BSE and NSE listed company. In fact, SEW was the first company to go for the listing in Nagpur after a break of 16 years.
With the money generated through the public listing, Sunil Hitech procured equipments and machinery needed for smooth conduction of works. Simultaneously, the company repaid previous bank loans and became a brand. From a private limited company, which is considered to be a ?óÔé¼?£risky company?óÔé¼Ôäó, Sunil Hitech became Public Limited, a risk–taking company. As the company grew in image and stature, it planned to diversify. A factory was set up and it got into transmission and distribution in association with Pampattiwar. SHEL also started undertaking jobs from steel plants.
Products and services offered by the company:
Thermal Power Plants
- Fabrication & Erection of Heavy / Super Structures up to 660MW
- Fabrication and Erection of Chimney flues.
- Civil works for Power Station upto 500MW, Staff Bldg/Colony, Water treatment, Effluent Plant, Water Drainage System, Control buildings, Construction of Roads.
- Erection of Boiler and auxiliaries?óÔé¼Ôäó upto 500MW, ESPs upto 660MW
- Structural Fabrication and erection of coal & ash handling system
- Piping Work for CW, LP/HP, Ash Slurry and Ash Disposal, LD, DM & Critical Piping
- EPC for Sugar Plant with Co–gen power project.
- Turnkey contract for Fuel Oil Handling System
- Turnkey Contract for Coal Handling Plant & Lignite Storage Shed.
Hydro Power Plants:
- Civil works
- Hydro–Mechanical works
- Radial Gates, Vertical Gates and Fabrication of Pen Stock
Steel– Structural Steel works for:
- Castor Shop
- Steel Melt Shop
- Blast Oxygen Furnace
- Sinter Plant
- Continuous Casting Shop
- Universal Beam Mill & Bar & Rod Mill
- Universal Rail Mill
- Technological Structure
Sunil HiTech Engineers & Manufacturers Pvt. Ltd. is a sister concern to M/s. Sunil HiTech Engineers Limited, a company established in 1984 mainly to cater to the needs of undertaking fabrication and erection related works required for Power Plant Construction & having a strong Customer base like National Thermal Power Corp.Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited , Reliance Energy Ltd.,(REL), SEPCO, HIL, Skoda export and State Electricity Boards throughout India.
SHEM is a 85% subsidiary and manufacturing arm of SUNIL HITECH ENGINEERS LTD. The well known turnkey contracting company is promoted by Ratnakar M Gutte, Director. A team of dedicated engineers and technocrats ably assisted by administration and finance professionals are working round the clock to achieve the specified targets and goals.
Gangakhed Sugar & Energy Pvt is a sister concern to Sunil HiTech Engineers Limited. The project is being developed as an Integrated Cane Processing Plant (ICPP) with a Diversified Product Portfolio and a De–risked Business model, using the state of Art Technology. The Integrated Project is aimed at utilising sugar cane to its full potential including all of its by–products such as bagasse, molasses, press mud and water. This will not only insulate the Project from any cyclical variation of sugar industry but will also ensure the high and consistent returns for sugar cane to the farmers in the region.
- Successfully completed the first EPC Contract of Fuel Oil & Storage tank system of 250MW Unit–1 of Paras TPS Expansion Project, Maharashtra. Awarded Occupational Health and Safety Management systems Certificate (OSHAS 18001:2007) by international certification services, DNV.
- Involved in fast track construction JPL?óÔé¼Ôäós 2x250MW, Raigad Project and completed TG area structural works with an achievement of 13200MT of Fabrication & 11500MT of erection in a year.
- Completed Structural & Boiler Erection works of 1x250MW, Unit–1 at Parli & Paras TPS with repeat order for Unit–2,1x250MW.
- Involved in the fast track construction of 500 MW, 7th unit at Chandrapur, Completed 8500 MT of Power House Structures in 18 months against 24 months schedule.
- At NTPC Talcher (2x500 MW) Structural Work Fabrication and Erection in a single month 1947 MT 1879 MT respectively. Fabrication & Erection in a single year of 15478 MT & 13447 MT respectively.
- At Suratgarh 250MW (RVUN) Structural Work, Fabrication & Erection, in a single month of 2340 MT & 1800 MTrespectively. Fabrication & Erection in a single year of 9400 MT & 9100 MT respectively. Work completed to suit fast track completion of 28 months from financial closure.
- At Chandrapur (500 MW) & Suratgarh (250MW) Boiler Aus. Work completed to suit fast track commissioning program.
- Completion of major rehabs involving 7000 field joints of pressure parts work of repairing & reversing of economizer coils in less then 40 days at NTPC Korba.