NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
SMS Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is a global player in API manufacturing having strong research and manufacturing team supported by state of art facilities. What started off as a single facility single product manufacturing company in 1990 grew to be a multi location group having product list spreading across an array of therapeutic segments. SMS is currently a listed company having ever appreciating international and domestic customer base. Having six multi product facilities in operation, one under development, and two research centers, SMS has truly graduated in to big league with more than 600 employees working for it.
SMS Pharmaceuticals is an integrated pharma company with business presence in over 70 countries.
SMS is focused on API manufacturing and is the single largest producer of anti ulcer products and is renowned among the clientele for the excellent quality of product and customer service.
The company is diversifying into CRAMS by creating research and manufacturing facilities bettering the requirements of the regulatory markets to appeal to international clientele.
SMS is venturing into highly specialized oncology segment by building first of its kind dedicated oncology API and formulations manufacturing facility in Andhra Pradesh to target the niche market segments.
Merger of Sreenivasa Pharma Private Ltd with SMS Pharmaceuticals Ltd has given a new boost to the company, SMS Pharma has also completed the takeover of Plant Organics.
Recently SMS has established new state of art corporate research center with ultramodern facilities encompassing the whole gamut of research activity viz. from product conception to development, scaling up and DMF preparation. This is supported by well equipped analytical wing and a fully functional pilot plant. This new facility will enhance our existing offerings from a contract research and custom synthesis point of view.
R&D at SMS drives the company?óÔé¼Ôäós competitive edge, reflected in the introduction of pioneering products and processes with a superior price–value proposition. Strong R&D has been at the core of SMS growth since its inception. SMS started R&D activities with 4 doctorate scientists supported by 20 senior chemists in a 10000 Sq.ft area.
SMS recently expanded its R&D facilities by creating a state of art corporate research center with infrastructure and expertise to carry out all the activities from product conception to the development, scale up, stability studies culminating in preparation of the DMF.
Product range of the company includes:
- API and Intermediates
- Cytotoxic Solid Dose, Sterile Cytotoxic Liquid, and Lyophilized Products
- Bio Products
- Inorganic Products
Different divisions of the company:
- Manufacturing :SMS Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical manufacturing companies in India with world–class facilities with a wide range of process equipment fully compliant with WHO GMP standards.SMS has over the years developed tremendous manufacturing facilities to suit its style of operations and to meet the requirements of USFDA and other regulatory markets. A total of 6 facilities are being presently operated and one is under construction.
- Research and development :R&D at SMS drives the company?óÔé¼Ôäós competitive edge, reflected in the introduction of pioneering products and processes with a superior price–value proposition. Strong R&D has been at the core of SMS growth since its inception. SMS started R&D activities with 4 doctorate scientists supported by 20 senior chemists in a 10000 Sq.ft area.SMS recently expanded its R&D facilities by creating a state of art corporate research center with infrastructure and expertise to carry out all the activities from product conception to the development, scale up, stability studies culminating in preparation of the DMF.SMS research team now comprises of about 100 scientists with expertise in process research, analytical research and scale up. A dedicated project management team handles costing, administration, purchase, and project monitoring. R&D capabilities of the company span across reaction technologies, organic compound categories, and novel catalytic systems. This center is capable of delivering top notch contract research modules to international clientele.
Achievements/ recognition :
- SMS was given the export house status in the year 1997–98.
- Awarded the Prestigious ' Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Silver Rolling Trophy' for the best productivity effort in the state.
- Became the single largest producer of Ranitidine Hydrochloride in the World.
- One of the leading export houses exporting to more than 70 countries worldwide.
- WHO–GMP approved API manufacturing facilities in India (2 more to be operational soon).
- Achieved ISO 9001 certification for Units at Khazipally and Bollaram.
- Awarded the prestigious US GCNC Green chemistry award.
- Successfull FDA audits in 2004 and 2008 at our Bachupally unit.
- Proven expertise in low cost process routes, commercialization & manufacturing.
- Over 21 process patents and 72 regulatory filings.
- Successful execution of contract research and manufacturing assignments.
- CRISIL renews SMS Pharma's SME 1 rating for FY 09–10.
- Recieved 'Best Industrial Productivity Effort in the State' silver rolling trophy.
SMS is building an ultra modern API manufacturing facility near Vizag on the eastern coast of India to cater to in house production needs and also for the emerging contract manufacturing business.