NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Siemens has a history that goes way back to 1847 when it was founded by Werner von Siemens. He invented world’s first pointer telegraph and electric dynamo. It was incorporated in year 1957 in India.
The Siemens Group in India has emerged as a leading inventor, innovator and implementer of leading–edge technology enabled solutions operating in the core business segments of Industry, Energy and Healthcare. The Group’s business is represented by various companies that span across these various segments. Siemens brings to India state–of–the–art technology that adds value to customers through a combination of multiple high–end technologies for complete solutions. The Group has the competence and capability to integrate all products, systems and services. It caters to Industry needs across market segments by undertaking complete projects such as Hospitals, Airports and Industrial units.
The Siemens Group in India comprises of 17 companies, providing direct employment to over 18,000 persons. Currently, the group has 21 manufacturing plants, a wide network up of Sales and Service offices across the country as well as over 500 channel partners.
Today, Siemens, with its world–class solutions plays a key role in India’s quest for developing modern infrastructure.
With effect from March 14, 2011, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Ltd. (SHDL) amalgamated with Siemens Ltd. and stands dissolved. Siemens Ltd. has issued and allotted 3,134,700 Equity Shares of ` 2 each fully paid–up to the shareholders of erstwhile SHDL on 24th March, 2011. The entire business and undertaking of the company now gets transferred to and in the name of Siemens Ltd. In 2010 Siemens Home Appliances launched a washing machine model which saves energy.
In May 2011, Siemens received the Certificate of Registration from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate a non–banking finance company for its financial services business in India, Siemens Financial Services Private Limited (SFSPL). SFSPL will focus on developing an asset financing business by offering products such as loans, leasing and other finance products as permitted by the RBI to Siemens customers in India in the Industry, Energy and Healthcare sectors, as well as pursuing opportunities in other third party markets.
In August 2011, the Healthcare Sector of Siemens Ltd. installed five state–of–the–art medical technologies at Kovai Medical Center & Hospital in Coimbatore, raising quality and efficiency of healthcare availability in this city. Making its presence for the first time in Tamil Nadu, these technologies allow highly accurate and early diagnosis of all kinds of ailments, thus aiding precise treatment.
Siemens – Siemens won Rs.319 crores order from PGCIL
Siemens reached a milestone of 100th Gas Insulated Switchgear
- Automation and Controls: Intelligent system solutions – from building automation to process control to plant operation systems.
- Energy: Siemens consolidates its innovative offerings in the Energy sector by combining its full range expertise in the areas of Power Generation (PG) and Power Transmission & Distribution (PTD).
- Healthcare: Siemens Healthcare division enables clinicians to diagnose disease earlier and more accurately, making a decisive contribution to improving the quality of healthcare.
- Lighting: Osram, a Siemens company is one of the world's largest lighting companies. It's lamps can be found on famous landmarks, building interiors and even living rooms all over.
- Mobility: Products and solutions in railway signaling and safety systems, traffic control and automation, electrification, traction equipment for locomotives and multiple unit system and mass transit vehicles.
- Building Technologies: Siemens Building Technologies specializes in meeting the growing demand for increased personal safety and more secure public and private infrastructures by electronic security and building automation systems.