NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Shriram EPC is an associate of the multi billion dollar Shriram Group, headquartered in Chennai, India. The Group, established in the 1970s, is now one of the largest Financial Services Networks in India having substantial interest in truck and consumer finance. The Group has diversified into Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, Automobile Components, Software, Property Development and Project engineering.
Shriram EPC was incorporated on June 12, 2000 for the purpose of carrying on the business of engineering, procurement and construction, and now provides a single point solution to engineering challenges offering multi–disciplinary design, engineering, procurement, construction and project management services.
The Company began its operations in the biomass power plants business in December 2000 with the execution of the first biomass power plant project in Andhra Pradesh. The biomass power plants business is engaged in the design, engineering and construction of thermal biomass–based power plants.
In 2004, the company commenced the business of erection, testing and commissioning of wind electric generators and entered into a joint operation agreement with Hamon Thermopack Engineers, a subsidiary of Hamon Thermal Europe SA and Hamon (Netherlands) B.V to carry out projects regarding cooling tower solutions.
The company commenced its municipal services business of water and wastewater management and water distribution systems and pipe rehabilitation in 2004. The municipal services business principally focuses on the design and implementation of turnkey design–build environmental projects for water and wastewater distribution, water and sewage treatment and pipe rehabilitation.The company works on a project to project basis with Chevalier Pipe Technologies Limited, whereby it has been granted license to use its rib loc technology in India
On January 16, 2007 the company entered into a Joint Venture Agreement with Leitner B.V., Netherlands to set up Leitner Shriram Manufacturing, an Associate company formed for the purposes of manufacturing of megawatt class wind turbines and components. In the same year the company entered into a memorandum of understanding on August 28, with Bessemer Venture Partners Trust for power generation through renewable sources.
The company mainly works under these divisions
- Wind Energy – Shriram EPC’s Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) business has been focused on developing, manufacturing, erecting and commissioning 250KW WTGs, and is currently developing megawatt–class WTGs through Leitner Shriram Manufacturing, an associate company.
- EPC – (engineering, procurement, construction) Businesses– The EPC business of the company is focused on providing integrated turnkey solutions for biomass–based power plants, mini hydel plants, process and metallurgy plants (including thermal power plants), water and wastewater treatment plants, water & sewer infrastructure and pipe rehabilitation.
- Process & Metallurgy– They offer expertise to Plants and Projects in Process & Metallurgical related jobs that include Rolling Mills, Blast Furnace related equipment and systems, Sinter Plant equipment and systems, Coke Oven and Coke Oven related equipment, Gas Cleaning Plants, Aluminum refining, Copper smelting, Cement plants, Cooling Towers, Air Pollution Control units and associated equipment for Ferrous as well as Non Ferrous metallurgy.
- Municipal Services– Shriram EPC focuses on Water and Water related systems include Water Treatment Plants, Effluent and Sewage Treatment Plants, Water Pumping, Transmission and Distribution Systems. The Company is also a pioneer in India in Trenchless Technologies for the cleaning and Rehabilitation of underground utility pipes in both Municipal and Industrial Sectors.
- 2013 SEPC certified as an IMS accredited organisation by TUV NORD
- 2009 – SEPC make enter into solar power, mines and mineral processing business
- 2009 – SEPC moves into new strategically located offices in Chennai, Delhi and Kolkata
- 2009– The company implements SAP ERP.
- 2008– Shriram EPC acquires 55% stake in Blackstone Technology Group Pvt. Ltd.
- 2007– Execution of JV with Leitner Tech for manufacturing & marketing of megawatt class wind turbines. Foray into Air pollution control with Hamon through JV.
- 2006– Certification by DEWI OCC for designing & manufacturing 250kw wind turbine.
- 2005 – Investment by ChrysCap.
- 2004– Acquisition of the cooling towers business of Shriram Tower Tech ltd.