NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Reliance Infrastructure, formerly the Reliance Energy was incorporated in 1929, is a fully integrated utilty engaged in generation, transmission and distribution of electricity constructing power plants as EPC partners. It ranks among India’s top listed private companies on all major financial parameters including assets, sales, profits and market capitalization.
Reliance Infrastructure is India’s largest private sector enterprise in power utility sector. It distributes over 21 billion units of electricity to over 25 million consumers across Mumbai, Delhi, Orissa and Goa. It generates 941 MW of electricity, through its power stations located in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka and Goa.
The company is not only India’s largest private sector enterprise in power utility but also the largest private sector player in many other infrastructure sectors of India. In the power sector they are involved in generation, transmission, distribution and trading of electricity and constructing power plants as EPC partners. In the infrastructure space the company is focused on roads, Urban infrastructure which includes MRTS, Sealink and Airports, Specialty Real Estate which includes business districts, trade towers, convention centre and SEZ which includes IT & ITES SEZ and non IT SEZ as well as free trade zones.
Reliance Infrastructure with its affiliates and sister companies in the Reliance group, own and operate over 2,000 MW of Generating capacity in the country. These comprise conventional thermal plants, gas turbine based combined cycle power plants, Cogeneration plants and wind electric generators. Most of its Projects have been executed by Reliance Energy through its EPC division.
Reliance Infrastructure is currently pursuing several gas, coal, wind and hydro–based power generation projects in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Uttaranchal with aggregate capacity of over 12,500 MW.These projects are at various stages of development.
Reliance Infrastructure is vigorously participating in emerging opportunities in the areas of trading and transmission of power. It is also engaged in a portfolio of services in the power sector in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)through a network of regional offices in India.
Business area of the company:
The EPC division of Reliance Infrastructure was set up in 1966 and was undertaking engineering, procurement and construction contracts on a turnkey basis and other value added services for major public and private sector projects both in India and Abroad. The Division has 10 regional offices in major cities of India and Overseas offices in Dubai, Nepal and Bhutan.
Power utility – Reliance Infrastructure distributes more than 28 billion units of electricity to cover 25 million consumers across different parts of the country including Mumbai and Delhi in an area that spans over 1, 24,300 sq. kms. They also generate 941 MW of electricity, from their power stations located in Maharastra, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka and Goa.
Reliance Infrastructure and its affiliate companies power 2 out of 3 homes in Mumbai and 1 out of 2 in Delhi and has a consumer base of 5 million catering to an estimated population of 25 million in Mumbai, Delhi and Orissa. It is poised to become a nationwide power company, providing world class quality, reliable and competitively priced power to millions of customers.
The company is also emerging as one of the leading players in India in the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) segment of the power sector with an order book of Rs 8,300 crore, having executed projects worth Rs 10000 Crores in the past 4 years.
They are also executing the first 100% private sector power transmission project for western grid with an investment worth Rs 2,250 crores and were ranked among top 5 players in power trading in the country with 1,050 MU’s traded in FY2007.All this makes them a fully integrated player in the power sector.
Road – The company is the largest developer of road and highway projects for the National Highways Authority of India under the build, own, transfer (BOT) scheme.With an investment involving Rs 3150 crores, the company is developing 5 major road projects in Tamil Nadu totaling over 400 kms of length.Financial closure of all the projects is done and the projects are currently under construction.
Urban Infrastructure – They are also the country’s first and only private sector builder and operator for Metro Systems.They are already into construction of the first line of Mumbai’s Metro system stretching 12 kms from Versova to Ghatkopar. Besides they have also won the Delhi Metro’s airport express link stretching a length of 22.5 kms. The total investment for these two projects is Rs 4900 crores.
Specialty Real Estate Reliance Infrastructure is also the country’s first and only private sector builder to build India’s first 100 storeyed building, a trade tower and business district in 80 acres of land in Hyderabad, The total investment for this project is Rs 6,500 crores.
Special Economic Zones The company is also developing over 180 mn sq ft of SEZ for IT/ITES, retail hospitality in Mumbai and Noida with an investment worth Rs 31,000 crores
Reliance Power Transmission Limited is an associate company of Reliance Infrastructure Limited. The objective of the incorporated company is to focus in the transmission business. The company will not only establish the requisite transmission links for the capacity addition program of Reliance Energy but also contribute towards the huge network expansion program envisaged in the National Plan.
With a view to generating greater efficiency in the power sector for transmission business, Reliance Power Transmission Limited aims to pursue opportunities arising through the opening up of this sector to minimize transmission congestion and optimize cost of delivered power thus creating enhanced value for customers.
Reliance Infrastructure became the first road developer to launch an Environmental Mobile Monitoring system at the140 km stretch of Pune Satara corridor.
In 2010, Reliance Infrastructure bagged its 5th Consultancy project under R–APDRP Programme of Union Ministry of Power. The Company was awarded the project of SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) – DMS (Distribution Management System) consultancy for Patna City in Bihar State.
Operational Performance Awards :
- 2004 – Dahanu TPS was named as one of the worlds top 12 power plants of 2004 by platts Power Magazine, in its July/August 2004 edition based on several selection criteria such as operational efficiency, minimal environmental impact, technology use, financing structure, etc.
- 2004 – Reliance Energy was presented the prestigious “QIMPRO Benchmark 2004” award by the QIMPRO Foundation in the “Service Category” on the basis of its performance in 15 parameters including attributes such as Leadership, Strategic planning, Communication, Quality Management System, and Customer Interaction Management, among others – by QIMPRO Foundation.
- 2005 – “CII – National Award for Excellence in Energy Management ” for 2005 –by Confederation of Indian Society (C I I )
- 2005 – “CII – National Award for excellence in Water Management ” for 2005– by Confederation of Indian Society (C I I )
- 2005 – Vishwakarma Rashtriya Purasakar – 2004 (Eight Employees)– by Ministry of Labour and Employment., Govt. of India, Maharastra Energy Development Agency (MEDA) Award for Excellence in Energy Conservation & Management in Thermal Power Station sector for the year 2005.2006 – First Prize – National Award for Meritorious Performance by Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Govt. of India for its Excellent PERFORMANCE amongst Indian Thermal Power Plants in the year 2004–05.
- 2006 – “CII – National Award for Excellence in Energy Management ” for 2006 –by Confederation of Indian Industry (C I I )
- 2006 – International Quality Crown Award (IQC Award) in Gold Category” by Business Initiative Directions (BID) , Spain.
2011 – Reliance Infrastructure’s, Dahanu Thermal Power Station (DTPS) bought laurels to Indian Power Industry by becoming First Power Generation Company in the world to receive ISO 50001:2001 on September, 2011. The ISO certification has been awarded to DTPS for its energy management systems, commitment and endeavors in the field of energy use and environment conservation.
- 2012 – RInfra won prestigious India Power Award 2012 for Mumbai Discom
RInfra bags India Power Awards 2012 for excellence in Energy Efficiency Conservation (EEC) & Demand Side Management(DSM).
Environmental Awards :
- 1997 – International Greenland Society National Award.
- 1998 – The G–51 Millennium Award in the field of Mother Earth protection.
- 1998 – Dr.R.J.Rathi Environmental Award.
- 1999 – “Environment Performance Award” by Council of Power Utilities (CPU ) as a part of Thermal Centenary Celebration–1999 .
- 2000 – “Millennium Business Award for Environmental Achievement” by United Nations (UN) and International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) at BUDAPEST. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) Award. “Indo–German Award for Environmental Excellence”. by Greentech Foundation
- 2001 – “Indo–German Award for Environmental Excellence”. by Greentech Foundation
- 2005 – “Greentech Award for Environmental Excellence” for the year 2004–2005
- 2006 – “Greentech Award for Environmental Excellence” for the year 2006
Safety Awards :
- 1999 – “ National Safety Council–Maharashtra Chapter ” for longest accident free period during 1999
- 2001 – “Safety Award–2001” by “National Safety Council of India” for good performance in OSH for 1998 to 2000
- 2004 – “National Safety Award–2003” Govt. of India.
- 2004 – National Safety Council–Maharashtra Chapter.
- 2004 – “Four Stars” Ranking by British Safety Council, UK for Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- 2005 NSC –Maharashtra Chapter–– Safety Awards–2004
- For longest accident free period and For lowest accident frequency
- 2006 – NSC– Maharastra Chapter– Safety Awards– 2005 for “Lowest Accident frequency rate” during the year 2005