NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
INDEPENDENT AUDITORS? REPORT
To the Members of
POWER MECH PROJECTS LIMITED
Report on the Standalone financial statements
We have audited the accompanying standalone financial statements of POWER MECH PROJECTS LIMITED ('the Company') which comprise the Balance Sheet as at 31st March, 2015, the Statement of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended and a summary of significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management's Responsibility for the Standalone Financial Statements
The Company's Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section 134(5) of the Companies Act, 2013 ('the Act') with respect to the preparation and presentation of these standalone financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with the accounting principles generally accepted in India, including the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014. This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting records in accordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding the assets of the Company and for prevention and detection of frauds and other irregularities; selection and application of appropriate accounting policies; making judgements and estimates that are reasonable and prudent; design, implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controls, that are operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, relevant to the preparation and presentation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these standalone financial statements based on our audit. We have taken into account the provisions of the Act, the accounting and auditing standards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under the provisions of the Act and Rules made thereunder.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified under Section 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and the disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditors' judgement, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements, whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments, the auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Company's preparation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view in order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances, but not for the purpose of expressing an opinion on whether the Company has in place an adequate internal financial controls system over financial reporting and the operating effectiveness of such controls. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of the accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accounting estimates made by the Company's board of directors, as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion on the standalone financial statements.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us, the aforesaid standalone financial statements give the information required by the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accounting principles generally accepted in India:
a) In the case of Balance Sheet, of the state of affairs of the Company as at 31st March, 2015;
b) In the case of Statement of Profit and Loss, of the profit of the Company for the year ended on that date; and
c) In the case of Cash Flow Statement, of the cash flows of the Company for the year ended on that date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
1. As required by the Companies (Auditor's Report) Order, 2015 ('the Order'), issued by the Central Government of India in terms of sub-section (11) of Section 143 of the Act, we give in the Annexure a statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order.
2. As required by Section 143(3) of the Act, we report that:
a) We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the best of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit;
b) In our opinion, proper books of account as required by law have been kept by the Company so far as appears from our examination of those books;
c) The Balance Sheet, Statement of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statement dealt with by this report are in agreement with the books of account;
d) In our opinion, the Balance Sheet, Statement of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statement comply with the Accounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act, read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014.
e) On the basis of written representations received from the directors as on 31st March, 2015 and taken on record by the Board of Directors, none of the directors is disqualified as on 31st March, 2015 from being appointed as a director in terms of sub-section (2) of Section 164 of the Act;
f) With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditor's Report in accordance with the Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules, 2014, in our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us:
i) The company does not have any pending litigations which would impact its financial position except those which are disclosed in the notes to the financial statements and para no.7 in Annexure to our Audit report.
ii) The company did not have any long term contracts including derivative contracts for which there were any material foreseeable losses
iii) There were no amounts which were required to be transferred to the Investor Education Protection Fund by the company.
The Annexure referred to in our Independent Auditors' Report to the members of Power Mech Projects Limited ("Company") on the Standalone financial statements for the year ended 31st March, 2015.
We report that:
1. In respect of its fixed assets:
a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars, including quantitative details and situation of fixed assets.
b) According to the information and explanations furnished to us, the Company has not physically verified its fixed assets during the year. However, the Company has adopted a phased programme of verification which, in our opinion, is reasonable having regard to the size of the Company and the nature of its assets.
2. In respect of its inventories:
a) According to the information and explanations furnished to us, the Company has physically verified its inventories during the year. In our opinion, the frequency of verification is reasonable.
b) In our opinion, the procedures of physical verification of inventories followed by the management are reasonable and adequate in relation to the size of the Company and the nature of its business.
c) According to the information furnished to us, the Company is maintaining proper records of inventory. The discrepancies noticed on verification between the physical stocks and the book records, which were not material, have been properly dealt with in the books of account.
3. The Company has not granted any loans, secured or unsecured to companies, firms or other parties covered in the register maintained under section 189 of the Act. Consequently, clauses (iii)(a) and (b) of paragraph 3 of the Order are not applicable.
4. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, there are adequate internal control systems commensurate with the size of the Company and the nature of its business with regard to purchase of inventory, fixed assets and for the sale of goods and services. Further during the course of our audit, we have not come across any instances of major weaknesses in internal control that in our opinion, require correction.
5. The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public. However an amount of Rs.12.20 crores which was received as advance against supplies from a customer was pending for more than a year and we have been informed that due to discontinuity of business activities by the said customer the said amount was outstanding and negotiations with the customer is under process. According to the information furnished to us, no order has been passed on the Company by the Company Law Board or National Company Law Tribunal or Reserve Bank of India or any Court or any other Tribunal for non-compliance with the provisions of sections 73 to 76 of the Act.
6. The central government has not prescribed the maintenance of cost records under section 148(1) of the Act read with Companies (Cost Records and Audit) Rules, 2014 and hence the reporting requirements in terms of clause 3(vi) of the Order does not apply.
7. a) According to the information furnished to us, the Company made delays in remittance of TDS and service tax but is regular in depositing the undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund, Employees' State Insurance, Value added tax, Wealth tax, Customs duty, Excise duty, Cess and any other statutory dues applicable to it. There were no undisputed statutory dues in arrears as at the date of the Balance Sheet under report, for a period of more than six months from the date they became payable.
b) According to the information and explanations furnished to us, the following amounts of Value added tax, Entry tax and Service tax have been disputed by the Company, and hence were not remitted to the authorities concerned at the date of the Balance Sheet under report.
8. The Company does not have any accumulated losses at the end of the financial year. The Company has not incurred cash losses during the financial year covered by the audit and in the immediately preceding financial year.
9. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations furnished to us, there were no defaults in repayment of dues to banks. However, the company has not borrowed any loans during the year from financial institutions or raised any funds by way of issue of debentures.
10. According to the information and explanations given to us, the Company applied as co-borrower in respect of loan availed from a bank by its subsidiary company. Further, the company has given corporate guarantee to the banks on behalf of its subsidiary companies in respect of loans availed. However, the terms and conditions of such guarantees are not prejudicial to the interests of the company.
11. According to the information and explanations given to us, the term loans obtained by the company during the year have been applied for the purpose for which they were raised.
12. During the course of our examination of the books and records of the Company, carried out in accordance with the Generally Accepted Auditing Practices in India, and according to the information and explanations given to us, we have not come across any instance of fraud on or by the Company, noticed or reported during the year, nor have we been informed of such case by the management.
Firm Registration No. 000513S
(Membership No: 202309)
Date : 07.07.2015