NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
The company was incorporated on March 12, 1958 at Mumbai as a private limited company under the name of Nanubhai Industries. Nirlon is mainly engaged in manufacturing and marketing of tyre cord yarn, tyre cord fabric, industrial fabric, nylon chips, conveyor belts and fan and V–belts. The company also operates in real estate business. On March 13, 1963, Nirlon’s status was converted from private limited to a public limited company.
The company is engaged in manufacturing nylon (textile) filament yarn polyester filament yarn nylon tyre cord nylon tyre fabrics conveyor belts and fan and V–belts. The name of the company was changed to Nirlon Synthetics Fibres and Chemicals on 10th October 1962. The company's nylon textile yarn plant went into production in December 1982.
In 1988 the company had registered with Board for Financial and Industrial Reconstruction (BIFR). The rehabilitation scheme was sanctioned in the year of 1993. During the financial year 2005–06, Nirlon had substantially completed its implementation of rehabilitation scheme and BIFR vide it’s order dated 6th October, 2006 deregistered the company from the list of companies under Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act 1985 (SICA). In view of this, the company is no longer a sick industrial unit under BIFR.
In the year 1999 Nirlon made its entry into the real estate business and offered its idle/surplus/factory premises at its Goregaon complex to leading corporates.
In the year 2000 the company formed a joint venture company for its Conveyor Belting Division having its manufacturing facility at Roha with a large, integrated, global player in belting production, further it retains 26% of JV Equity.
Other businesses of the company include:
INDUSTRIAL–FABRIC – Nirlon makes industrial fabrics, which can be used for applications such as belting, tarpaulins, grey textiles etc. Some of the deniers that are used for industrial fabric manufacturing are: 210, 420, 840, 1260, 1680 and 1890 Deniers. Belting fabric is presently being largely marketed by its C–Belt Joint Venture Company, Sempertrans Nirlon (P) where Nirlon owns 26% equity.
CONVEYOR–BELTS– Nirlon started manufacturing synthetic and cotton fabric reinforced rubber conveyor belts in 1978 at Roha. Like many other original initiatives, the introduction of synthetic fabric reinforced conveyor belt was the first of its kind in India. Sempertrans Nirlon makes conveyor belts of width ranging from 500mm to 1600mm
V–BELTS– The company manufactures a full range of wrap type, polyester reinforced V–Belts as per international standards. Its V–belts have carved out a niche in the industry through the years by their consistent quality, performance, availability, and service. Nirlon’s in–house R&D support has allowed upgrading belt quality and specifications to suit the requirements of changing times.
- 1962 – Nylon Textile production started.
- 1971 – Nylon Tyrecord production started.
- 1974 – Nylon Polyester production started.
- 1978 – Nirlon diversified into manufacture of Industrial Rubber Belting products, i.e. Conveyor Belts & V–Belts at a new location in Roha, Dist. Raigad.
- 1984 – Major expansion of the Nylon Tyrecord facility at a new location in Tarapur.
- 1985 – Company pays 22nd consecutive year of dividend.
- 1986 – Board for Financial and Industrial Rehabilitation.
- 1988 – Company registered with BIFR
- 1993 – Rehabilitation scheme sanctioned.
- 1995 – Exits from Polyester Filament Yarn business – man power reduction achieved through VRS.
- 1996 – State–of–the–art spin draw technology plant for tyrecord commissioned.
- 1999 – Nirlon’s entry into the real estate business – offers its idle/surplus/factory premises at its Goregaon complex to leading corporates.
- 1999 – Modification to rehabilitation Scheme approved.
- 1999 – Nirlon exits from Nylon Textile Filament Yarn business.
- 2000 – Forms a Joint Venture company for its Conveyor Belting Division having its manufacturing facility at Roha with a large, integrated, global player in belting production. – Retains 26% of JV equity.
- 2000 – Acquires ISO9002 accreditation by Dutch Council for Certification for Nylon Tyrecord division.
- 2000 – Man–power rationalization for Tyrecord facility.
- 2003 – Factory Building areas of 350,000 sq.ft. licensed at Goregaon complex.
- 2003 – Completes repayment of Secured loans & Public Debentures as per the BIFR Rehabilitation Scheme.
- 2004 – Phase out of Tyrecord manufacturing at Goregaon.
- 2005 – Additional building area of 150,000 sq.ft. licensed at Goregaon. Further amendments to Rehabilitation Scheme approved.
- FY 2005–06 – Company achieves profit after depreciation and substantially completes implementation of Rehabilitation Scheme.
- 2006–07 – BIFR vide it’s order dated 6th October, 2006 deregistered the Company from the list of companies under Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act 1985 (SICA). In view of this, the company is no longer a sick industrial unit under BIFR, or, as per the Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act 1985.
- 2007–08 – Development of IT Park at Goregaon commences.
- 2010 – Nirlon Ltd won Smart Living Awards for
i. Best Safest Project.
ii. Best Corporate Spaces – SEZ's & IT Parks.
iii. Best Green Project – Commercial.
- 2012 – Nirlon Ltd won International Property Awards Asia Pacific for
i. Best Commercial Renovation / Redevelopment, India
ii. Best Commercial Renovation / Redevelopment, Asia Pacific
- 2013 – Nirlon Ltd won Worldwide Achievers ‘Real Estate Award 2013