NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Nilkamal was incorporated on December 5, 1985 under the name of Creamer Plastic, which was converted into Creamer Plastic on July 18, 1990. The company is promoted by the Parekh family of the Nilkamal Group. The promoters are Vamanrai V Parekh, Sharad V Parekh and Hiten V Parekh. The company's name was changed to Nilkamal Plastic on August 23, 1990.
The company?óÔé¼Ôäós principal activity is to manufacture injection moulded plastic products. It operates with three segments namely plastics, lifestyle furniture, furnishings & accessories and storage system & others. The plastics segment engaged in manufacturing of injection moulded plastic articles, polymers and others. The lifestyle furniture, furnishings & accessories is engaged in manufacturing of home furniture, home furnishing and accessories. The storage system & others is engaged in metal storage systems. The Group also sells lifestyle home furniture, furnishings, home decor and accessories. The Group's plants are located at West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Puducherry and Maharashtra.
Nilkamal is in 4 Key Businesses:
- Material Handling Crates, Containers and Bins.
- Moulded Furniture such as Chairs, Tables and Cabinets.
- Custom Mouldings & OEM supplies for specific Customers.
- @home, the Mega Home Store Retail Chain.
The Company has 7 large manufacturing plants in India:
- North – Samba (Jammu & Kashmir) and Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh)
- South – Pondicherry (Union Territory)
- East – Barjora (West Bengal)
- West – Sinnar, Nashik (Maharashtra) and Silvassa (Union Territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli) (2 plants).
The Company has advanced machinery in Injection Moulding, Rotational Moulding, Vaccum Forming, Polyurethane Injection (of insulation) and capabilities for SMC and Blow Moulding. Each of these plants have dedicated Tool Rooms.
The Company has Joint Ventures in Sri Lanka, near Colombo and in Bangladesh, near Dhaka. Both these Companies are Leaders in respective markets for Moulded Furniture.
The Company also has a Joint Venture with Bito Lagertechnik Bittman GmbH for the manufacture of Material Handling and Storage Systems in Metal, with a manufacturing plant at Samba, Jammu & Kashmir.
Nilkamal has exclusive tie ups with:
- Hanel Buro–Und Lagersystems, Germany for Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems.
- ConTEyor Multibag Systems NV of Belgium for manufacture of Textile Partitions for Crates and Metal Racks to provide valuable in–transit protection for scratch sensitive products.
- Plastic Omnium Systems Urbains, France, for supply of their International Standard Waste Bins of all sizes conforming to EN/DIN Standards.
- CAMBRO Manufacturing Company, USA for Hospitality Products suited for large Restaurants and Hotels.
Nilkamal markets many different models of material handling crates & bins to suit diverse application in various user industries like Automobile, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Electrical, Hospitality & Catering, Logistics, Textiles, Supermarkets, Electronics, Retail, Food & Beverages, Agriculture & Seafood etc.
It is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange since 1991.
Product Manufactured / Services Offered
- Injection Moulded Crates
- Roto Moulded Crates
- Customized Crates
- Corrugated PP Crates
- Insulated Icebox / Shipper
- Vacuum Formed Crates
- Wash Crates
- Automated Industrial Storage & Retrieval Systems
- Custom Moulding
- Industrial Pallets
- Waste Management System Bins
- Material Handling Solutions
- Intralogistic Warehouse Solutions
- It is ISO 9001: 2000 certified by TUV–Germany for all of its plants
- @home is the recipient of 'Retailer of the Year 2008' Award for home and office improvement, by the Asia Retail Congress in February 2009.
- Nilkamal Padma Plastics, Bangladesh
- Nilkamal Eswaran Plastics, Srilanka
- 1934: Vrajlal Parekh starts manufacturing metal buttons in a one–machine factory shed measuring 2000 sq. ft.
- 1950: Vrajlal Parekh?óÔé¼Ôäós company buys Windsor machines to start plastics processing – calls company 'National Plastics'
- 1956: First plastic cut glass modelled on a popular tea glass is made. Becomes instant success
- 1964: National Plastics full–fledged into household items
- 1970: National Plastics starts a factory at Powai (Mumbai) to boost manufacture of household items
- 1981: Nilkamal Plastics is an independent venture run by brothers Vaman & Sharad Parekh
- 1984: Nilkamal starts the manufacture of crates
- 1990: Nilkamal starts the manufacture of moulded furniture
- 1991: Nilkamal starts a plant in western part of India at Sinnar (Maharashtra). Nilkamal goes public.
- 1994: Nilkamal becomes official supplier of crates to Coca–Cola & Pepsi
- 1997: Marks the opening of Nilkamals' several plants north India –– Noida (Uttar Pradesh), south India– Pondicherry (Union Territory), west India– Kharadapada– Silvassa (Union Territory of D & N H)
- 1999: Nilkamal launches one more plant in west India– Vasona –Silvassa (Union Territory of D & N H)
- 2001: Nilkamal achieves IS0 9001:2000 certification by TUV–Germany for all of its plants
- 2002: Nilkamal launches its plant and a joint venture subsidiary company in Bangladesh – 'Nilkamal Padma Plastics'
- 2005: Nilkamal inaugurates 'at home' –– the complete home solutions store with contemporary readymade knockdown wooden furniture and home accents
- 2006: Nilkamal enters into a joint venture with BITO Lagertechnik Bittmann Gmbh, Germany to manufacture storage systems in metal in India.