NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Promoted by Dr. D. Subba Rao, Sri P.Punnaiah and Sri A.S.Chowdhri in 1972, Nava Bharat Ferro Alloys Limited (NBFA) commenced operations in 1975 with the manufacture of ferro silicon at Paloncha in Andhra Pradesh, a state in Southern India.
To represent better the diversified business activities, the name of the company was changed to Nava Bharat Ventures Limited (NBV) in July 2006.
In 1980, NBFA ventured into the production of sugar and other by–products like rectified spirit and extra neutral alcohol.
In the years to come, additional smelters were added to increase production capacity. A green field smelter was set up in the State of Orissa. The plants were assured of 100% captive power. The results followed – NBFA emerged as one of the largest manufacturer exporters of ferro alloys in India.
NBFA’s foray into power generation in 1997 began with the objective of self–sufficiency for its ferro alloy smelters, but the company envisioned a growing demand for energy in the future. This foresight witnessed the evolution of the company from a producer of thermal power – intended for captive use – in 1997 to a supplier of power to the grid. To make this possible, NBFA enhanced its capacity of thermal power generation.
NBV spread its wings globally through overseas projects and trading activity controlled by Nava Bharat (Singapore) Pte. Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of NBV, functioning from Singapore.
By 2005, the company outlined its presence in infrastructure through special purpose vehicles that would focus on Special Economic Zones and Real Estate Development.
The domestic business divisions of the company includes: Ferro Alloy, power, sugar, infrastructure
The International business divisions of the company include: Power, Mining, Coal, Ferro Alloy, and Mineral Ore
Nava Bharat (Singapore) Pte. Limited (NBS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Nava Bharat Ventures Limited, is the hub of international operations aimed primarily at
- Investing in mineral resource assets ––– thermal coal, manganese and chromite ores
- Positioning the company to meet the growing demand for energy in Africa and Asia
Awards and Achievements
- Confederation of Indian Industry National Award for Excellence in Energy Management (2007 and 2008) and 5–S Excellence Award (2007)
- Ministry of Labour, Government of India –National Safety Award (1999)
- Ministry of Environment & Forests, Ministry of Power and Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India –Certificate of Appreciation for Hundred Per Cent Utilisation of Fly Ash on Sustainable Basis (2005)
- Engineering Export Promotion Council, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India Export Excellence in Ferro Alloys (2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007) Highest Exporters with Continuous Excellence – Non SSI (2004)
- State Pollution Control Boards Andhra Pradesh Cleaner Production Award for Industries (2004 and 2008)The company has received Pollution Control Excellence Award (2007) in Orissa
Company has been awarded 'SILVER TROPHY FOR TOP EXPORTER' in recognition of its outstanding contribution to Engineering Exports
Nava Bharat Ventures Limited has topped (Rank 1), a list of 500 of India's best–performing midsize enterprises in a survey
Nava Bha.Ven – National Award for Excellence in Water Management, 2010 as Water Efficient Unit, from CII
National Award for Environmental Best Practices from CII.
“National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2012”