NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Natco Pharma was promoted by V C Nannapaneni in the year 1981 as a private company to be in the business of research, developing, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceutical substances and finished dosage forms for Indian and International markets. The company began its operations in 1984 in Andhra Pradesh.
In the first year of its operations, it achieved a sales figure of Rs 0.5 million. The company’s first product was Cardicap, which is an anti–anginal drug. Since then, the company has introduced many dosage forms into the market. By 1985 it had dosage forms in the cardiovascular, anti–cold, anti–asthmatic and antibiotic segments.
The company was ranked 82nd in sales among Indian pharmaceutical companies in 1994. Natco also has the credit of being one of the largest contract manufacturers in India. Some of the well–known companies like Ranbaxy, Dr Reddy's Laboratories, John Wyeth, etc. get their products manufactured by Natco.
Natco Pharma grew in size when three companies, Natco Parenterals, Dr Karanth Pharma Labs and Natco Laboratories merged with it.
Today the company, which began its operations as a single unit with 20 employees, has four manufacturing facilities and employs around 1500 people. It has an on–line data for analysis and decision making. Consistently ranked among the fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in the country, Natco is utilizing its collective experience to kick start its future plans as a global company.
Business area of the company
Natco manufactures a comprehensive range of branded and generic dosage forms, bulk actives and intermediates for both Indian as well as International markets.
The product range of the company includes:
- Sumatriptan succinate
- Newer Quinolones and fourth genaration Cephalosorins
Certification / Recognition
- ISO 9002 certified dosage facility
- ISO–14001 certificate
- Incorporated – 1981 for manufacture of pharmaceutical formulations.
- First full year in Operations – 1984 – sales Rs 0.5 million.
- Pioneered Timed Release, a delayed acting sustained release technology.
- Achieved a rare feat of introducing the largest array of timed release products based on zero order release concept of micro dialysis cell technology.
- Started Parenteral Manufacturing facility at Nagarjunasagar, India – 1986.
- Acquired Dr Karanth Pharma Chemical Labs, a small bulk drug manufacturer, now known as Natco Research Center.
- Established bulk drug and Intermediate facility at Mekaguda, India. This facility is TGA approved, and certified for its environmental management systems (ISO–14001).
- State–of–the–art manufacturing facilities – cGMP, ISO 9002 certified dosage facility.
- A wide distribution network, Indian and international.
- Merged three of the group companies with the parent, Natco Pharma Limited – 1995.
- Granted US patent for its manufacturing process of Omeprazole.
- Launched anti–cancer drug–Imatinib Mesylate 100 mg capsules under the brand name – VEENAT, Process developed in–house.
Natco launches BENDIT(Bendamustine).
NATCO launches Anastrazole in the USA.
NATCO and Levomed LLC, USA formed a Joint Venture company, NATCOFARMA DO BRASIL for sales and distribution in Brazil.
NATCO's new chemical entity (NCE) receives 'Orphan' designation from, US FDA
Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility – 2012
NATCO Pharma receives approval for Lansoprazole capsules.