NDTV Profit

NSE Symbol: | BSE Code: | ISIN: | Sector:

  • Add to Portfolio
  • Add to Watchlist
  • Add to Alert
  • Add to Message
Add to Portfolio
NSE
795.15
Change Change %
-19.55 -2.40%

Updated:26 Apr, 2018, 15:04 PM IST

BSE
797.10
Change Change %
-15.30 -1.88%

Updated:26 Apr, 2018, 15:05 PM IST

Period:

Previous Close
Day's Open
Volume Traded (in 000's)
Value Traded (in Cr)

Day's Range

794.25 819.95

52 Wk Range

727.10 1382.00
Period:

Previous Close
Day's Open
Volume Traded (in 000's)
Value Traded (in Cr)

Day's Range

797.00819.35

52 Wk Range

727.05 1382.50
 

's Latest Research Report

Brokerage/Analyst Report Date Call Price@Call Target Current Status Report
Credit Suisse
-
24-04-2017 Buy 1365.75 - Closed Details
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
-
17-03-2017 Buy 1467.55 1920.00 Closed Details
Credit Suisse
-
01-03-2017 Sell 1471.05 1350.00 Target Hit Details
Credit Suisse
-
10-02-2017 Buy 1483.75 1350.00 Target Hit Details
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
-
07-02-2017 Buy 1494.30 1865.00 Closed Details

More from Research Reports »

Lupin's Key Fundamentals

Parameter Values
Market Cap (in ₹ Cr.) 35,947.38
Earning Per Share (EPS TTM) (₹) 32.67
Price To Earnings (P/E) Ratio 24.34
Book Value Per Share (₹) 323.44
Price To Books (P/B) Ratio 2.46
EBIT Margin (%) 33.00
PAT Margin (%) 24.63
ROCE (%) 30.41
PAT Growth (%) 10.97
Total Debt to Equity (D/E) Ratio 0.04

More from Key Fundamentals »

Lupin's Financial Summary

Parameter MAR'17
(₹ Cr.)
MAR'16
(₹ Cr.)
YoY
%Change
Balance Sheet:
Share Capital 90.32 90.12 0.22%
Total Non-Current Liabilities 502.39 367.97 36.53%
Total Current Liabilities 2,565.61 1,955.10 31.23%
Total Liabilities 17,848.24 14,236.14 25.37%
Total Non-Current Assets 8,596.23 6,979.66 23.16%
Currents Investments 2,112.00 0.00 100.00%
Cash and Bank 174.08 34.96 397.94%
Total Current Assets Excluding Current Investments 7,140.01 7,256.48 -1.61%
Total Assets 17,848.24 14,236.14 25.37%
Profit and Loss:
Gross Sales 12,753.15 11,343.77 12.42%
Net Sales 12,753.15 11,343.77 12.42%
PBIDT (Excl OI) 4,486.12 3,987.00 12.52%
PAT 3,141.33 2,830.87 10.97%

More from Financial Summary »

Lupin's Shareholding Pattern

's Futures and Options Quotes

Contract
Expiry Date
Type Current price Change Change % Premium / Discount
LUPIN
26-04-2018
FUTSTK
816.00 1.45 0.18% 20.85
LUPIN
31-05-2018
FUTSTK
820.00 1.60 0.20% 24.85
LUPIN
28-06-2018
FUTSTK
823.40 2.15 0.26% 28.25

More from Futures and Options Quotes »

Lupin

Lupin is a pharmaceutical company headquartered in Mumbai. Lupin is the second largest Indian pharmaceutical company by sales. It is the 4th largest generics company globally by market capitalization and the 6th largest generics pharmaceutical company globally by sales, as of March 31, 2017. Lupin logged a net profit of Rs 3,141 crore over revenue of Rs 12,753 crore in FY17. As of September 2017, Lupin's promoter group held a 46.80 per cent stake in the drug maker while the remaining 53.20 per cent was with the public.

Lupin is a significant player in the cardiovascular, diabetology, asthma, pediatric, CNS, GI, anti-infective and NSAID space and holds a global leadership position in the Anti-TB segment. The US remains Lupin's largest and most important market with 48 per cent share of total revenues. In FY17, Lupin's US revenues surpassed the $1 billion mark, closing at $1,207 million, a year-on-year growth of 37 per cent. With a market share of 3.3 per cent, Lupin is the 6th largest player in the Indian Pharmaceutical Market (IPM).


Lupin shares

The shares are traded with symbol LUPIN on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange (NSE).


History

Lupin was founded in 1968 by Dr Desh Bandhu Gupta. The company was named after the Lupin flower because of the inherent qualities of the flower.

Background

In March 2016, Lupin completed its acquisition of US-based GAVIS Pharmaceuticals LLC and Novel Laboratories Inc. (GAVIS). This strategic acquisition enhanced Lupin's scale in both the US generics and brands market as well as broadened its pipeline in dermatology, controlled substance products and other niche generics.


Registered office

Kalpataru, Inspire, 3rd Floor, Off Western Express Highway, Santacruz (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra-400055

Post your comments about Lupin

Market Data provided by © Accord Fintech. © Copyright NDTV Convergence Limited 2017. All rights reserved.